Quantities

scottkelley80

I'm wanting to prepare quantities for a project based on what's drawn in CAD. Is there a way to select all similar lines and have CAD sum the lengths for me?

What do you mean by "similar"? Lines on the same layer? Or drawn with a specific linetype?

There are some ways. I would use some Lisps entered dirrectly in the command line.

I need something that can just add the lines I select. Adding lines with similar linetypes and/or everything on the layer would be a bonus.

Well, you can use selection filters, or quick select. Theres also an audit function that may be helpful for blocks.

EDIT: not audit, EATTEXT. Thinking of another program.

This only solves half the problem though.

i haven't had much experience with creating lisp routines, you'll have to walk me through the process on that one, or point me in the right direction.

Scratch the previous post, i went to the link. I got the routine to work, but I can't tell which lines i selected. Is there a way to modify the routine to dash the lines when selected?

Here you are:

(defun c:total()
 (setq len 0)
 (while (setq l (entsel))
   (redraw (car l) 3)
   (setq len (+ len (distance
        (cdr (assoc 10 (setq lst (entget (car l)))))
        (cdr (assoc 11 lst))
        )
  )
  )
   )
 (eval len)
 )

Also see the page I pointed you in the previous post; CADTutor showed us how to use Lisps by an example -and that is close to what you wish.