Attribute Text Height Trouble

ziemerd

I made a block with the text height at 2.5. When I used the block I realized the text height was too small so I typed BATTMAN, chose the block I wanted to edit, clicked on the Text tab and changed the height to 4. The blocks I had already placed in the drawing automatically changed but when I chose the block from my tool palette it had the old 2.5 text height.

I type BATTMAN again and look at the text height and it had the new text height of 4 so I change it to 5, click apply and close the dialog box. Then I typed BATTMAN again and change the text height to 4 and all is well.

Is there a way to change the attribute so when I grab the block it has the changes or do I have to explode the block and start over?

Thanks for the help.

Dawn

Do you mean ATTSYNC? I did that but to no avail. I even went out to the

Design Center and reselected the block from there instead of the tool palette but with the same results.

Thanks for the suggestion.

How did the block get on the tool palette? If it is pointing to a diferent drawing you may be pulling the definition from that drawing (a pet peeve of mine with palettes). Of course, if asos2000's advice works, ignore mine.

The block on my tool palette came from the drawing I am inserting the block on to.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll keep that issue in mind in the future when I get deeper into using blocks.

it sounds like the palette is retaining the previous definition. Can you drag your redefined block onto the palette?

have you only changed the height in BATTMAN? I don't use that so don't know but does it update all blocks or just the one? You may be safer redefining the block using BEDIT then ATTSYNC.

Ok...I figured it out. I took a different block with the 2.5 text height and used BATTMAN to change the text height to 4. Then I saved my drawing, went out to the Design Center, closed the file and reopened it in the tree on the left (I found out the hard way that that's necessar) and then dragged the block to my tool palette, put in my drawing and presto!!! The text height came out correct.

Thanks for all the help.

Dawn