Flatshot alternatives?

drainmasta

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a 2d isometric view of a 3d piping schematic. Naturally, I thought flatshot would work, but the schematic includes primarily 2d components (arranged 3-dimensionally). Flatshot doesn't like 2d components. I looked around on the forum and noticed that many people have had this problem. But I haven't been able to find a good solution yet. So, any help would be awesome!

--dm

flat shot works fine for me. Im not sure if the prompts have changed but here is a screen shot of two flatshots i used on this wheel/spindle i made just to who you.

One has Show obsure lines, the other does not.

can you provide a screen shot of what you are trying to do?

flatshot.jpg

I think OP means that the 3d piping layout(w/c i assume are solid entities) includes non solid lines w/c he referred to as 2d lines(texts included), in w/c case flatshot does not inclide the 2d lines when the command is executed. i had this problem also when I was laying out an Plumbing Isometric so im interested to know of any input here also :)

I think OP means that the 3d piping layout(w/c i assume are solid entities) includes non solid lines w/c he referred to as 2d lines(texts included

I think you are on to his problem here.

There is an old lisp called "project.lsp" that should bring 2d entities to the zero z elevation. See if it is on your computer somewhere and give it a try.

If you don't find it let me know and I'll upload it.

There is an old lisp called "project.lsp" that should bring 2d entities to the zero z elevation. See if it is on your computer somewhere and give it a try.

its in the express tools.. EXPRESS>MODIFY>FLATTEN OBJECTS

Right. nocturne00 and Hughes, I think you are understanding the problem correctly. It is a mix of solid objects, nonsolid lines and text (sorry for the poor verbage).

Ergo:

FLATSHOT is useless because it only deals with solids.

SOLPROF is out for the same reason.

FLATTEN (lsp) moves everything to the zplane, but keeps thing in their original orientation. Think, instead of the desired "shadow" of the objects, it's like rolling over a lego set with a rolling pin. The pieces are each "on the ground" but it's still not flat because of the orientation of each piece.

PROJECT (lsp) not sure if this is the same as flatten, but i'll give it a shot. Thanks hughes.

DXB yeah, I'll look into that, too, 700.

Thanks guys.

--drainmasta

• 9 years later...

Go to File>Plotter Manager (or the Ribbon Output>Plot>Plotter Manager, Big Red A in upper right Print>Manage Plotters, Tools>Wizards) Add-a-Plotter Wizard.

Once in the Wizard, Next>My Computer>AutoCAD DXB File>NEXT (unless you want to import)>Plot To File>Name the Plotter>Next>Finish.