Can't open dwg links

the downing effect

It just started happening, now when I click on a dwg link in a post my computer doesn't open them. I restarted the computer but to no avail.

It just started happening, now when I click on a dwg link in a post my computer doesn't open them. I restarted the computer but to no avail.

Do you get error messages, as in "This drawing was created by an earlier/newer version of AutoCad?

If you are using G. Chrome, it forces a download before you can open the drawing by default.

I'm using Internet Explorer 8. The links used to open, and I was prompted to save, save as or open. Now nothing happens, I haven't changed any settings or installed any new software.

I'm using Internet Explorer 8. The links used to open, and I was prompted to save, save as or open. Now nothing happens, I haven't changed any settings or installed any new software.

Have you tried clearing cache/cookies?

I strongly recommend using Firefox or Chrome if possible, IE breaks everything.

Internet Explorer updates from MS about 3 times a week because nobody ever gets it right. After the last update, I couldn't see pdf docs at all anymore. I'd just get a blank page in an empty frame. It was very important to me to see and download the pdf's. I was downloading my new Florida car insurance "Proof of Insurance" and driver's insurance ID cards. I installed google chrome and everything is peachy again.

Never had a problem with IE. Works fine here.

Can't load Firefox at work.

The PDF preview was an Adobe update problem. I reloaded Reader and all is fixed.

Never had a problem with IE. Works fine here.

Can't load Firefox at work.

The PDF preview was an Adobe update problem. I reloaded Reader and all is fixed.

It may be the way IE talks to Adobe. A new Adobe update fixed it, then it broke again. IE won't let me get on my online banking account either. Can't figure out why. Bank says NO cookies will not work. IE says cookies working. >.