clone is grayed out even after new model creation - help, please?

AlienBZ

Last night I created a flat box for the walls/floor of the corridor of my school that I attended for this movie I want to make, but after I created this model (1 object, a very flat box) and when to Edit > clone, my clone command was grayed out, and this has never happened before, I mean, I was able to clone my model parts (walls, pillars, etc) with absolutely no problem at all.

A couple of days ago while trying to simulate realistic cloth on these free people models that I d/l I was messing around in my max model parameters and I think I may have screwed up my max Ui, which might have caused my "clone" command to be now grayed out, whereas before trying to use the cloth modifier my clone command worked perfectly so now I found on pg 41 of the max user guide how to reset max to defaults and I searched in my computer's Program Folders on my HDD looking for the maxstart.max file so I can delete it and reset my copy of max back to defaults, but I'm stumped on where that file is in my Autodesk > 3DS Max 2011 folder?

And after I delete this file how do I reset max to defaults?

Thanks in advance.

I found that config file & renamed it. (and sharpening up my tech skills at same time) started max and now my clone command is back in business. I've now used that once-grayed out clone command to copy that school corridor floor (made 3 more copies) and made these the ceiling and walls.

Thanks.