• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• D Mills

• f700es

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alas you can't legally buy 2012 any more. Only the current version can be sold, which is 2013. 2013 should be out very soon. Full AutoCAD can only be sold by authorized resellers who also will offer training. Sorry

Do not discount local community colleges. I took three courses at one near me and it was a good experience. While course prices are reasonable they tend to get you with "fees" and the cost of a single book can be as much as 50% of the cost of the course itself. That's because many professors select a book or two for their course yet have no idea how expensive they can be. Sometimes it is advisable to wait until class starts and ask the teacher how necessary the book is before deciding on whether or not to buy it.

The cost of upgrading to the latest version of AutoCAD is prohibitive for most individuals leaving but one real choice and that is to look at one of the AutoCAD clones such as Bricscad, ProgeCAD, ZWcad, NanoCAD, or alike. They offer many of the same capabilities, have interfaces that are very similar to AutoCAD and all are much cheaper. They read and write to the DWG file format and you can share your drawings with AutoCAD users.

Can anyone tell me what I keep doing wrong here. I am trying to draw from the side view and when I attach the UCS to an object the lines I am drawing will not lay vertically. I have looked at the online tutorials and they seem very good but the buttons are different than my environment and it makes it difficult to follow using an older version. I have found versions on the internet for sale if ti illegal then why do they sell them or is it a scam ?

AUTODESK AUTOCAD 2011

autocad_2011_boxshot_100x155.jpg images2.jpg

$875.00 Buy Now

(In Stock)

AutoCAD 2011 Full Commercial Version (This is full version software and IS NOT academic or upgrade)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoCAD® professional 2D-3D drafting software:

This program is delivered in 32 and 64 bit versions with every purchase, compatible with

Windows 7

• Explore—Explore design ideas in both 2D and 3D with intuitive CAD tools that help your concepts become real.
  • Document—Drive your projects from concept to completion with powerful documentation tools. Work faster with automation, management, and editing tools that minimize repetitive tasks and speed your time to completion.
  • Communicate—Share critical design data securely, efficiently, and accurately. Experience the benefits of native DWG™ support, one of the world’s most widely used design data formats, allowing you to keep everyone in the loop at all times.
  • Customize—Customizing AutoCAD is easier than you ever thought possible.

Design and shape the world around you with the powerful, flexible features found in AutoCAD® design and documentation software, one of the world’s leading 2D and 3D CAD tools. Speed documentation, share ideas seamlessly, and explore ideas more intuitively in 3D. With thousands of available add-ons, AutoCAD design software provides the ultimate in flexibility, customized for your specific needs. It’s time to take design further. It’s time for AutoCAD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Requirements

For 32-bit AutoCAD® 2011:

• Microsoft® Windows® 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium (compare Windows 7 versions); Microsoft® Windows Vista® Enterprise, Business, Ultimate, or Home Premium (SP1 or later) (compare Windows Vista versions); or Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional or Home edition (SP2 or later)
  • For Windows Vista or Windows 7: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® dual-core processor, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology; for Windows XP: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 1.8 GB free disk space for installation
  • 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card
  • 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later
  • Install from download or DVD

For 64-bit AutoCAD® 2011:

• Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium (compare Windows 7 versions); Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise, Business, or Ultimate (SP1 or later) (compare Windows Vista versions); or Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2 or later)
  • AMD Athlon 64 with SSE2 technology, AMD Opteron® processor with SSE2 technology, Intel® Xeon® processor with Intel EM64T support and SSE2 technology, or Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support and SSE2 technology
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 2 GB free space for installation
  • 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card
  • 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color
  • Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
  • Install from download or DVD

Additional Requirements for 3D Modeling (All Configurations)

• Intel Pentium 4 processor or AMD Athlon, 3 GHz or greater; or Intel or AMD dual-core processor, 2 GHz or greater
  • 2 GB RAM or more
  • 2 GB hard disk space available in addition to free space required for installation
  • 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card

Harms Bar.dwg

I'd be leery of the them. I got snagged in a similar situation involving Windows 7 Ultimate. Actually the better word for it is "burned". Lost my money and got stuck with a pirated copy of the program. Microsoft was not sympathetic to my plight. Couldn't blame them. Thing is, I thought I had checked out the seller pretty thoroughly. Ouch!

Your view my be from the side but if your UCS isn't oriented correctly God only knows where and how your lines are going to end up.

Are the objects you are referring to on the toe-kick layer (left side of bar, front and rear)?

I noticed that the UCS was tilted slightly thus causing your vertical lines to go off at an angle.

Edited by ReMark

I notice that you did not take my advice about moving the bar such that the base was at 0'-0" elevation.

Change to a top view of your bar and look at the geometry in the left front corner. Something isn't right. What exactly are you attempting to show?

You have what appears to be two flat plates at different heights. It seems you want to connect them together in some manner. What is connecting the two plates? Is it a flat bar? Is it supposed to fit in the notch of each plate?

There appears to be some very small line segments (unattached to anything else) floating around in your drawing. I've found two so far.

Sorry, but one more observation. Did you look at the bar in a Front view? Can you tell me what the plates are supposed to be attached to on the bar itself? Thanks.

Edited by ReMark

At that price it is either a scam or a pirated/cracked copy.

Only authorized resellers can sell full AutoCAD (not LT) and they can only sell the current version.

When looking at it from the right side they are correct. From the front and rear view they are at odd angles. As for the ucs being tilted I have no idea about that nor will it stay attached to the bottom as you suggest. Im trying to put raised panels on the front surface and build raised panel doors on the back of the bar. After that I would like to know if it possible to apply wood grain to give the client a better look at what this product will look like when finished.

Thanks again for your patients

D I want to suggest another software for you to try but I don't want to overwhelm you with information. Applying textures in autocad is possible but can be difficult for a beginner. But maybe we can do this after you get the model finished in AutoCAD.

We are in agreement that something is amiss but until you answer my questions there is little I can do to assist you in regards to your design.

As far as the UCS goes I would suggest that should you become disoriented use the UCS > 3 point option wherein you can specify the direction of X, Y and Z. Usually one can use a portion of the geometry to get one's self reoriented. The origin of the UCS can be established anywhere you like via UCS > Origin.

I would worry more about getting the geometry shown before thinking about materials. But yes, you can add wood grain materials to your 3D model and see them either using the Realistic visual style and/or via the Render command.

Do you have a profile for the moulding you'll be using for the raised panel doors?

ACAD2004Toolbars.PNG

Some of the toolbars I recommend you activate for viewing your 3D models.

These happen to be from AutoCAD 2004. Your's should be similar.

Are you aware that your UCS can be manipulated from the command line as well using the UCS command?

I'm still having problems joining lines for extruding. I think it is a ucs issue.

Her is the drawing and where I'm at what I am trying to accomplish is doors and raised panels by extruding on a square path to create them.

Harms Bar.dwg