Panic! Closed drawing without saving

Ubrigens

One last word of advice. Always back up your work to a CD, DVD, flash drive or external hard drive. Think of it as a cheap form of insurance when the day comes that your system suddenly decides it is a good time to stop functioning. This will most likely happen in the middle of a job crunch when you can least afford to be sitting in front of a blank screen wondering where the nearest exit door is.

Good luck and happy cadding.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Ubrigens

• JD Mather

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did wonder if "finger trouble" was more likely that an AutoCAD obliteration of all the data. I know when we lose drawings they can usually be found in a different folder as somebody has dragged them unintentionally. And they usually only come to light after we have put in the request for IT to restore them from the back up.
A person also has to be careful how the windows options are set up and when to not forget about them. I used to have my windows mouse click options set up for hover to select and one click to open. This had bitten me in the glootious maximousus a couple of times when I would go to do a 'save as...'. When I am nonchalontly trying to decide on or find a folder to save in, my hover/select option sometimes grabs a file name off the tree and decides that is the name I want to save as. Windows inserts it in the file name box at the bottom of the dialog box, overwriting the one I have put there. If I don't notice, the world could end, so to speak.

Hi all!

Just a question, is there a way to change where the .bak files are saved (not the automatically saved Sv$ files)?

I thought they always are saved in the same folder as the original .dwg?

Kind regards /Pat