2012 MEP Template

_Anthony

Does anybody know where I can download template to use with Revit 2012 MEP. I am understanding that the 2011 template is compatible but I do not know if this is true or if it is available to me.

The default templates should be installed. If not the 2011 Template will still work, you'll just have to let Revit MEP 2012 upgrade it. What's the exact issue you're having?

There is no default template....
Yes there is. Default Templates are installed with any and all versions of Revit. Have you checked the default Template directory?

Located here:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME 2012\Templates\US Imperial

Thank you...that worked perfect. one more question, if you don't mind. Now that I have MEP template, how would I go about setting up new project elevations if I am working in MEP and it doesn't shoe elevations in project browser

Get into an Elevation View. From there, you'll see the current Levels (should be just two of them). Rename them as you please, and copy them to add additional levels.

That is the easiest way. To do it the way you'd be taught by a training course, go to the Architect Tab > Datum Panel. You'll see the Level icon and from there you can add a Level from scratch.

Oh and FYI, without default Families or Family Templates installed, Revit is going to be mighty hard to use. In fact, it's practically useless without this very critical content. I really suggest reinstalling or trying to repair the installation.

:)

I'm sure you appreciate the help but I am not going to zip up all the default 2012 content and upload it. I've told you numerous times... reinstall or repair and make sure the content items are checked/enabled.

Please don't get annoyed with me. I am on my home computer and do not have the installation disc available. I am trying to go through some of the tutorial videos this weekend and was looking to have my system workable. I do appreciate ALL your help and did not realize it would be an inconvenience. Thank you again.

• 4 weeks later...

I re installed revit mep 2012 several times, but didn't got nothing other than two empty folders. It is highly appreciated if someone can provide me metric template

thanking you