how to Cut ttf fonts in my CNC m/c

cnchobbiest

I want to cut some TTF font text in my CNC. But my CAM software will only import polylines. I tried converting the text to polyline using the txtexp ("TEXT EXPLODE") command in AutoCAD. But the resultant geometry(polyline) has lot of extra lines which I need to manually edit before importing to my CAM software.

Is there any better solution for this?

Edited by cnchobbiest

Start the Region command and window select all of the geometry returned by TxtExp. Then use the Union command to combine all the regions, effectively removing all of the interior geometry. Explode back to lines, PEDIT(with Multiple option) to get back to polylines.

Or

An AutoCAD 2011 compatible version of this plugin

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/AMECH/2013/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aText-to-Geometry%3aen

can be found on post # 19 of this thread:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?48936

The resultant geometry will be spline based. You can, however, use the FLATTEN routine onthe spline outlines to convert the geometry to Polylines with lines and arcs.

See attached for example and notes.

Example.dwg

• 1 month later...