AMEP Copper Pipe Sizes

idllc

Creating new pipe sizes is quite easy. From the manage tab on the ribbon start the content builder and select pipe as your Part Domain. From there scroll down and expand Copper Pipe (US Imperial) and then expand tubes and double click on Copper tube. Now that you have the copper tube open in content builder, on the palette right click on Size Parameters and chose edit values. This will bring up a table of all of the pipe sizes. You can hit the green button in the upper left corner to add a new size at the bottom. It will create a copy of the current size selected. Then just edit the values to what you need.

Part Size Name - The name of the size of pipe Its a calculation and will be created based on other parameters. Do not edit.

D1 - The actual outside diameter of the pipe

ND1 - The nominal diameter of the pipe

CEL1 - The connector engagement length. It should be 0" as a pipe is a male connector

AOD1 - The angle of deflection. It should be 0.0. This is the amount that a pipe can deflect from a fitting. The angle of deflection is always set on a female fitting and not a male fitting.

Connector 2 parameters should be identical to the connector 1 parameters. Hit OK. Save the part by selecting save on the palette and then close the part drawing and the palette. Your new size should now be available in your drawings.

Hope this helps.

Thank Guys for the great feedback!

I have built my own "refrigeration" soft copper pipe now, but it appears that i now also need to build elbows and tees..... I assume using the same way i built the pipe.

Only issue with fittings is there is ALOT more info (geometry) involved.....

any one have cheat sheets for this sort of thing?

I need sizes 1/8" 3/16" 5/16" 3/8" 5/8" 7/8" 1-1/8" 1-3/8" 1-5/8"

We have been tasked to do complete shop drawings for a large Variable Refrigerant System, thus exact pipe sizes are critical....

Thanks again, this forum is a wonderful thing!!

I guess after rethinking this, i might just be better served to make a new pipe size lable that reconizes OD versus nominal... I will still have a few sizes to make....

any mechanical designers or contractors out there that deal with refrigerant piping in AMEP on a regular basis?

Thanks.