Slow Performance in every aspect of 2013

DashaB

Hi guys,

I work in a company that has 6 CAD drafters. We are all running AutoCAD 2013 on the same machines with same specs and everything.

We are running

Dell Precision WorkStation T7500 x64

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

with Intel Xeon CPU (E5620 @2.40 GHz, 4 cores)

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A13

NVIDIA Quadro 2000 or ATI FirePro V5800

However, only 1 person in the department keeps consistently having slow processing problems with his AutoCAD. I have updated his drivers, ran all the audits/cleanups on the files, turned off all unnecessary things (i've been trying to fix this a while) and it is still taking anywhere from 5 seconds to over 5 minutes sometimes to simply save a file (the filesize in the case of today is only 288KB and it functions fine on my machine).

Since we are all running essentially the same thing, I have not been able to figure out what else to do to solve this problem. The IT guy has also tried pretty much everything and no clue. Yesterday I pulled up his task manager and it said that his CAD was taking up 1,456,000 memory whereas mine runs at its slowest at about 1/3rd of that. Restarts don't help, and he isn't running more programs than anyone else here. We all run the same basic stuff (if anything I run more than him because I also play music and sometimes I have 2 CAD instances open.)

Also, there is no anti-virus program doing scans in the background, that is set to like 2 am or something. The problem seems to start when he first gets here in the morning and lasts consistently all day, according to him.

Any suggestions? At this point I am desperate and looking for any solutions before we completely wipe his computer and reinstall everything.

Thank you in advance!

First have them start autocad with a new autocad profile. If that doesn't help, start windows with a different profile and then try autocad again.