What command do Use to change lines?

Al Rivera

With Linetype you can select dotted, dashed lines etc.... you'll have to load them first into the drawing, I'm sure you could so it with the linetype command.. for wide lines one way is to use a poly line and set the width to what you need.. you could do it with lineweight but easier to use the polyline..

in my opinion line weights are the best way to go for getting heavy dark lines, or light lines. This way you can easily set the weight of the line based on its layer rather than having to do the steps involved in creating the heavy lines. There is a pull down next to the line type that you can use as well to make your lines thicker, or thinner

I think the ideal convention in many cases would be to set the linetype by layer and then maybe have a specific layer for each type of thickness or a specific layer for that group of items which will all share common lineweight, linetype and colour properties.

It really should make future amendments and checks a lot easier.

I think the ideal convention in many cases would be to set the linetype by layer and then maybe have a specific layer for each type of thickness or a specific layer for that group of items which will all share common lineweight, linetype and colour properties.

It really should make future amendments and checks a lot easier.

I agree, this is the standard that we use.