Joining steel bars

farsan QS

hey guys,,,,,:(

this is the matter..!!

I have one verticle (cerculer holo sectioned r=110mm)steel bar & one horizontal bar I'm gont to join this both together to make a ''L'' shape object,,ok,,?

When I join these 2 bars, AS I've shown in the dwg, there will be an edge going arround both bars,

I want to take this edge to a plane paper,(see the dwg) then I can wrap the paper arround the steel bar & I can cut the bar with very smooth ceves, then only I can join both bars very nicely,,

do you have any idea to do this,,????:?

2.dwg

it's nice, godd job.

1- I know how to make that surface in 3d,

2- but I dont know how to take that plan view, like u done.....

pls can u describe me how did u do that ? (A to Z)

Patience . . . . patience.

I actually cheated by using another software application (Rhino 3d) but the process can be duplicated mathematically an transferred to AutoCAD. I’m a bit behind here at work but give me some time and I’ll get an excel spreadsheet set up to kick out the numbers.

Here is an excel spreadsheet set up to create coordinates for a polyline. The spreadsheet will allow various tube diameter and inside angles. Once the two parameters are entered, copy and paste the coordinates (all at once), switch to Autocad, start the Polyline command, then Paste the coordinates into the command line.

The output should be the "End Treatment" for the pipes at that particular angle. The remaining portion of the covering can be generated via standard drafting techniques.

You will have to adjust for regional settings (i.e., 73,63 degrees as oppose to 73.63 degrees etc.).

ViaExcel.zip

hey guys,,,,,:(

this is the matter..!!

I have one verticle (cerculer holo sectioned r=110mm)steel bar & one horizontal bar I'm gont to join this both together to make a ''L'' shape object,,ok,,?

When I join these 2 bars, AS I've shown in the dwg, there will be an edge going arround both bars,

I want to take this edge to a plane paper,(see the dwg) then I can wrap the paper arround the steel bar & I can cut the bar with very smooth ceves, then only I can join both bars very nicely,,

do you have any idea to do this,,????:?

I did exactly this, when I started learning autolisp. It still works today. Give it a try (attached).

Pipe-cut.lsp

thank u verry much,,,, I think it will be work out..

I can't see the pipe-cut attachment.. ! it is just a note pad file with some uneven letters.

ok.. what about different sizes of bar joining ?

see the attachment..

do u have any idea about this ? I'm sure u have...

sean.dwg

Paulmcz’s attachment is a lisp file (custom programs that run within AutoCAD). To use it go to Tools – Load Application, find where you placed the lisp file then hit Load.

Back at the command prompt, type pc, then respond to the questions. You will be quite pleased.

With regard to the latest file, I’d say we wait to see if Paulmcz has more lisp dealing with this type of configuration. If not, I’ll look into it – but can’t make any promises.

Paulmcz’s attachment is a lisp file (custom programs that run within AutoCAD). To use it go to Tools – Load Application, find where you placed the lisp file then hit Load.

Back at the command prompt, type pc, then respond to the questions. You will be quite pleased.

With regard to the latest file, I’d say we wait to see if Paulmcz has more lisp dealing with this type of configuration. If not, I’ll look into it – but can’t make any promises.

I have written combined program for drawing wrapping templates for all possible configurations of joining two or more pipes of any different diameters and under any angle of joint (see the drawing). But then I sold it and since they paid for it, it wouldn't be fair to the company to make it public. Pipe-cut.lsp was not part of the deal.

Pipe fitting lisp.dwg