Convert Revit '09 to '08??

tzframpton

Is there a way to convert a Revit file down to an earlier version? I have 2008 and I received a Revit Structure 2009 file. It won't let me open it due to the updated filetype. Thanks in advance. :)

Is there a way to convert a Revit file down to an earlier version? I have 2008 and I received a Revit Structure 2009 file. It won't let me open it due to the updated filetype. Thanks in advance. :)

I think you're SOL.

This is what frustrates me with Revit. They force you into the subscription model with this approach.

daaaaaaaang. That kinda bites. That would have been REALLY nice to have coordinated the Structural with my ductwork. Looks like I need to send an email to my boss, time for an upgrade!!

Thanks for being the bearer of bad news. haha j/k :)

Definitely one of the first "WTF?!?!?!" things I came across about '09. I heard, through the grapevine, that someone was working on enabling this. But that info could be shoddy; they wouldn't say whether it was a third-party trying to reverse engineer something, or if it was something being done by AutoDesk.

But I'm sure something like that would be a major announcement, and not something passed around like a secret. It's probably safe to assume that you are quite SOL at the moment as mentioned above.

Apparently to be able to run all the version of Revit, you have to enable subscription, which I just got quoted by my local reseller at $725 per year for the Revit MEP Suite that I run. This does not include the $850 upgrade each year, either. So, you're looking at over $1,600 a year. Dear Lord.... lol :)

Once you are on the subscription program (on 2009) it will cover all product upgrades during the subscription period The added upgrade is probably to get to the current version.

Also, Revit has never been backward campatible, even before Autodesk bought it.