PDF Stucco / Sand Hatch Weird

tennis4you

Well, my goal was to reduce file size. The dwf is a larger file, at least in what you attached above. My main goal was accomplished by drastically reducing the file size by making Arial text 1.00 width instead of .89 which made the text print to PDF like an image and not text. Huge difference! If I was able to drop the dpi then I would. Many of us here in the office used Cute PDF for quite a while but have really come to like the Dwg to PDF.pc3 plot driver. Especially when publishing 100 files at once. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennis4you

• RobDraw

• SLW210

• ReMark

If you use page setups, you can set the plotter there and select "Plotter in Page setup" for the plotter in publish.

As for file size, does it help to not include layer info etc.

You'll need Adobe Acrobat for the Adobe PDF.

Layer info is indeed turned off.

I figured I needed Adobe Acrobat for that plotter! Poop. No biggie. Again, I have just reduced the overall file size dramatically with the text fix, I was just looking to be greedy with more file size loss. :)

I have had great success using Dwg TrueView, free from AutoDesk. It looks just like AutoCad, It brings in all your page setups & layout tabs too. It prints crystal clear pdfs with its own dwg to pdf.pc3, and it reduces the pdf file size by an astounding amount. I've had My 2009 LT produce a 3 meg extremely sloppy and weird pdf of a particular drawing. TrueView pdf'ed the same dwg in less than 300 kb, WITH layer info. I suspect AutoCad attempts to save the vector and object coordinate data in hopes of someday being able to convert the pdf back to AutoCad. TrueView obviously puts only about 10% into the pdf file that AutoCad does. There must be a reason.

One hang-up I have found, TrueView asserts itself as the default dwg file opener app once it is used. You have to manually reset it back through Windows, or open a dwg file with Autocad through AutoCad's navigation tree to get it back. Otherwise, TrueView will open any dwg you double click on until you reset the default.