Polylines for imported Inventor models in AutoCAD

CP++

Good day, dear Forumers,

just recently our company partially switched from AutoCAD to Inventor, my department however still works with AutoCAD. This however means that I am required to edit "2D" sketches made with inventor.

After struggling a bit with converting the new format into something I can actually select, I've come across a new problem: once I dissolve the block which contains the main model I am unable to convert the resulting lines into Polylines. only 50% of the lines actually connect to their adjacent lines/arcs. This means I have to redraw half the model, which, as you may agree, is unacceptable.

Quite lenghthy web-searches have not been fruitfull. FLATTEN was suggested but I don't have the expess tools installed and don't think I can convince the admin to do so. Also it seems that All lines/arcs in question already are on the same Z level, namely 0.

Thanks in Advance, CP++

Since you are using AutoCAD LT and not the full version you do not have access to Express Tools as LT does not support Lisp.

soooo, I'm going to have to request an engeneering Student to avoid falling behind schedule?

Lisp?

PS: thank you for your speedy responce.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion based upon my answer. I was only pointing out that you don't have the ability to run Express Tools.

Let's see if someone familiar with Inventor can offer a solution to the problem that will work shall we?

Hmmm, does not look good sofar.

However I'd like to add something to aid those with similar problems:

I've come to the conclusion that the Inability to combine them to Polylines is due to outside radii having a Normal Z coordinate of -1 rather than 1.

I looked up solutions for that but all I got was a couple of lisp codes. :(