Controling Parameters via Programing

mts5143

I created a drawing that varies hole spacing on a peice of angle iron using parameters,but it would be very beneficial to incorporate if-then statements to control the value of some of parameters based on the value of other parameters.

An example of this is, if d1 parameter = 14 then d2parameter = 3 elesif d1 parameter = 15 then d2 parameter = 2.

I got this idea from iLogic in Inventor, which is very easy to use. Im aware AutoCAD does not have this functionallity, but I think programing such as VBA could help me with my issue. I do not have a strong programing backround so any advise is appretiated.

Stay with lisp pretty easy

(setq d1  (getreal "\nEnter d1 value"))
(cond
((= d1 14)(setq d2 2))
((= d1 15)(setq d2 3))
.. and so on
)

you may be able to add a iniget that checks for valid entry only 14 15 16 17

It seems to me that I will have to run the command after I enter d1 to update d2. Is there any way to have d2 update as I enter an input for d1 and not have to separately run a command?

Ok. Forgive me. Im not to fluent with lisp. Can you give me a little more direction. I know how to enter it into a notepad, name it, and load it. After its loaded it promps me to enter a value. but does not change my d2. Aside from it not functioning correctly, am I going to have to run it everytime I want to update my d2 after I changing d1, or will d2 automatically update after I enter d1 after the first time I run the lisp.

Copy and paste this into notepad save as say test.lsp then APPLOAD test.lsp follow prompts use 14 or 15

(setq d1  (getreal "\nEnter d1 value"))
(cond
((= d1 14)(setq d2 2))
((= d1 15)(setq d2 3))
((> d1 15)(princ "Greater than 15"))
((< d1 14)(princ "less than 14"))
)
(princ (strcat "the value of d2 is " (rtos d2 2 0)))
(princ)

Mts5143 just realised your talking about constraints here aren't you ? not a program thats something different all together post a screen grab with what you have

Yes I am talking constraints. Sorry for the confusion.

When I change o_COIL_DIMENSION to 15 the "Red" Fastener is to close to the plate so I would like to move it by 1" downward. Same goes for when o_COIL_DIMENSION = 16, in result I would like to move it 2" downware.

You can play around with the o_COIL_DIMENSION value to see what I am talking about.

If I were in inventor I would write a code in iLogic as follows, but I am trying to find a work around in autocad becuase autocad does not have iLogic.

If o_COIL_DIMENSION =15

then d48=4

elseif o_COIL_DIMENSION =16

then d_48=5

End if

I have supporting files attached.

para.jpg

SuperImposed.dwg