• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slovenc0417

• ReMark

• eldon

• cadvision

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I then open the .dxf file through Windows Explorer and continue with the purge process.

I see no reason for this step.

I am not sure why you find no reason for this.

If I type DXFOUT, a .dxf file of the "infected" .dwg file is created within the same folder. Right?

I can then type DXFIN, that same folder opens and I can select the .dxf to purge...

OR

I can simply open the .dxf file from the folder that is already open on my other screen and beginning purging.

To me it's a matter of preference... Type a command and select a file or, my preference, simply click the file in a folder that is already open.

Am I missing your point? Is there another advantage to DXFIN that I am not aware of?

When you choose DXFOUT, do you use the option to Select Objects?

Using that, on your sample file, got rid of all the spurious linetypes without need to Purge.

When you choose DXFOUT, do you use the option to Select Objects?

Using that, on your sample file, got rid of all the spurious linetypes without need to Purge.

Alright maybe we are getting somewhere.

When I type DXFOUT a SAVE AS window pops up with the FILE TYPE set to "AutoCAD 2010/LT2010 DXF (*.dxf). I do not see an option to Select Objects. What am I missing? Is there a setting within AutoCAD that I need to adjust?

001.jpg

I am replying to my own post.

Apparently by setting FILEDIA to 0 will give me more options in regard to DXFOUT. Can someone please give me an explanation on how these additional steps/parameters can specifically eliminate these nefarious linetypes?

When I type DXFOUT a SAVE AS window pops up with the FILE TYPE set to "AutoCAD 2010/LT2010 DXF (*.dxf). I do not see an option to Select Objects. What am I missing?

At the extreme right hand side of the window is Tools with an arrow pointing down. Click on this arrow, and on the next menu choose Options at the bottom. Now you have a window Saveas Options where you can choose DXF Options. Now you can choose Select objects.

DXFoptions.JPG

At the extreme right hand side of the window is Tools with an arrow pointing down. Click on this arrow, and on the next menu choose Options at the bottom. Now you have a window Saveas Options where you can choose DXF Options. Now you can choose Select objects.

Before reading forward please understand that I am EXTREMELY grateful for all of your help and assistance!!!

Also, keep in mind that the file I sent the other day was only a way of me showing the type of linetypes I am dealing with. Any test that you run on that file is not a true test because it's structure somehow changed when I reduced the size in order to email it. I have placed a file in Dropbox that will give you a true indication of what I am dealing with.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/78846593/Sample_01.dwg

Having said all that, I may need a better explanation of what DXFOUT actually does. To me I was simply changing the .dwg into a .dxf format that would allow me to purge these linetypes. The "Select objects" option was not familiar to me and I do not know what that does for me. I did as eldon instructed and it did not remove the linetypes in question.

1. Typed DXFOUT

2. "Save Drawing As" window opens > Tools > Options > DXF Options tab > Selected "Select objects" > OK

3. Save

4. Typed ALL at the "DXFOUT Select objects:" prompt

5. "DXFOUT Select objects:" prompt appears again, hit ENTER

6. Back to command prompt... linetypes still there.

4. Typed ALL at the "DXFOUT Select objects:" prompt

Because you are trying to filter out nasties, I would not type ALL at the Select objects prompt. Instead I would have opened up the drawing and zoomed extents, and then zoomed .8x. This gives a bit of room around the edges. Then at the prompt Select objects, I would have windowed all visible entities.

It is difficult for me to actually try with your drawing, because I have to convert down to r2000, which causes other things to happen, but I will see what happens.

It is difficult for me to actually try with your drawing, because I have to convert down to r2000, which causes other things to happen, but I will see what happens.

I have downgraded the file to r2000... named Sample_02.dwg

I have just downloaded the (first) drawing, converted it to r2000 with Dwg Trueview. Opened it up in r2000 and there were 4 blocks and 3980 Unnamed blocks and a lot of linetypes.

Then DXFOUT and select the visible entities (the cyan rectangle). When I opened the resultant DXF file, there was one block "LOOP" and one linetype - Continuous. So it this method seems to get rid of a lot.

Your converted file arrived when I was typing out this response, so I have not yet tried it, but I would hope that the results would be similar.

I have just downloaded the (first) drawing, converted it to r2000 with Dwg Trueview. Opened it up in r2000 and there were 4 blocks and 3980 Unnamed blocks and a lot of linetypes.

Then DXFOUT and select the visible entities (the cyan rectangle). When I opened the resultant DXF file, there was one block "LOOP" and one linetype - Continuous. So it this method seems to get rid of a lot.

Your converted file arrived when I was typing out this response, so I have not yet tried it, but I would hope that the results would be similar.

Sigh... I am just not getting this to work.

...there were 4 blocks and 3980 Unnamed blocks and a lot of linetypes.

BTW... how did find out these quantities?

Sigh... I am just not getting this to work.

Perhaps the process of converting down gets rid of a lot, especially AEC objects

BTW... how did find out these quantities?

I listed the blocks by typing

-b (return), ? (return) - (or maybe two returns)

My computer is off and I am trying to remember the sequence of keystrokes.

If you are not trying to retain up to date AEC objects, then perhaps the solution is to save back to r14 when things were much more simple!