• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dbroada

• Glen1980

• guran

• PotGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres mine. I like basic as well, thinking of ditching the command line though. I do like it there but it's more habit, than usefull.

Start.jpg

I dumped the command line LONG ago. I do regularly press F2 so I still use it but it isn't taking screen room until I need to look more closely.

I've never thought of moving it to the side, not sure I'd like that, especially as I would have to move my properties palette and tool palette to the left or design centre and calculator to the right.

At my previous company we had dual screens, and I like the drawing area to be as big as possible. Having the command line below made things too narrow if you have more than 2 rows and when I do look at it, it is for command history so f2 does make more sense.

I like lots of drawing space as you will see from my screen shot on page 1. I do confuse EVERYONE here though as my windows bar is hidden at the top of the screen. I was ALWAYS having it pop up when I was clicking whatever used to be at the bottom of the AutoCAD screen that I moved it. I now sit at the other machines and wonder where their Windows bar has gone.

Heh! That's what I used to do when I had one screen! Now I have the command bar at the bottom of my second screen (first screen for windows purposes) I don't have any problems with it popping up unheeded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Heres mine. I like basic as well, thinking of ditching the command line though. I do like it there but it's more habit, than usefull.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42035[/ATTACH]

You know it just looks like it is using more screen space that way than the normal way. Oh well, to each their own :)

• 7 months later...

well.. i just started working again a week ago and received my laptop.. nothing special. i am going to get a library of components soon hopefully and i usually have that on the left bottom of screen. i need to get rid of a lot of things i don't use at all and create a larger working window. i'm going to get two monitors going soon here.

i don't even want that whole DRAW ribbon showing. i just want layer manager. properties, and nootation.

mydesktop.jpg

thank you for that! that pesky ribbon. it's useful every now and again if i'm doing 3d stuff .. as i don't know 3d commands.

how's this?

my cad ui.jpg

I would minimize the Ribbon to anyone of three sizes rather than not show it at all.

how do you minimize the ribbon? the thing with the robbon is that ... it's good to look at if you don't really know some options that you have ... so i look at the ribbon to see what i can do. it would be good.. if all the icons were small. but the line and arc and circle are HUGE! I mainly type in the commands for the most part, but i do run into situations where i'm not sure what commands are available to me. I was better at it once. I'm not a SuperCADpro like you cats. Even though I've been an AutoCAD Operator for years. If I was doing 3D... I would use the ribbon.

Also... the "TAB" that shows the .dwg name... could be a little bit smaller. It takes up a lot of space. And there is dead space after the tab.

how do you minimize the ribbon? the thing with the robbon is that ... it's good to look at if you don't really know some options that you have ... so i look at the ribbon to see what i can do. it would be good.. if all the icons were small. but the line and arc and circle are HUGE! I mainly type in the commands for the most part, but i do run into situations where i'm not sure what commands are available to me. I was better at it once. I'm not a SuperCADpro like you cats. Even though I've been an AutoCAD Operator for years. If I was doing 3D... I would use the ribbon.

Also... the "TAB" that shows the .dwg name... could be a little bit smaller. It takes up a lot of space. And there is dead space after the tab.

There's a little arrow button to the right of the Output item on the menu bar. Click that until you like the way the ribbon looks.

You can use the button on the left to cycle through the various sizes, or pick the arrow to the right (see image attached) to go straight to the one you like.

ribbon minimize.jpg

Its really about customising to how you want it I added custom toolbars picking out the commands I use from various toolbars so instead of say 3 I now have 1. Same with the pull down menus as an example in CIV3d I combined Surface & Alignments into 1 menu so this allowed me to add another menu. With the pull downs I make sure I only have 1 line. The way I made the menu's was to open the cui have notebok open my new menu and cut and paste so commands are syntax correct.

Its really about customising to how you want it I added custom toolbars picking out the commands I use from various toolbars so instead of say 3 I now have 1. Same with the pull down menus as an example in CIV3d I combined Surface & Alignments into 1 menu so this allowed me to add another menu. With the pull downs I make sure I only have 1 line. The way I made the menu's was to open the cui have notebok open my new menu and cut and paste so commands are syntax correct.

Yea... I'm going to have to take some time to learn how to really customize the bars that show the icons. I just want revcloud, calculator, and a couple of little things. not that whole long icon pallete.

Here's what I came up with. I played around with having one of the drawings open to see what LT Classic would do as far as text editing and i managed to put pallets by the drawing tab. you can't fully line them up perfectly otherwise it will just create a whole new row but ... this is what i got.

working ui.jpg

I saw the options that little arrow for the Ribbon does. They're ok. I guess it would just be a matter of getting a handle for using the ribbon in that format. I get 3 options. I think the classic will do for now. This new jobby requires so far very simple cut and paste and creating new lines (electrical lines). Text editing and inserting blocks. My boss said he will rarely give me something that I have to crate from scratch... and even then... I think I will be xref ing some site plans in and working with already set text styles and dimensions.