Export CivilObjects to SDF

geogeek

Using this tool, I was trying import the Parcels in C3D into the SDF but every time I do it I only get Parcel Name, area and perimeter. I need the parcel number too but it is not exported. Is there an ini configuration somewhere to turn on export for these attributes? Using C3D 2013 32 and 64 bit versions.

Using this tool, I was trying import the Parcels in C3D into the SDF but every time I do it I only get Parcel Name, area and perimeter. I need the parcel number too but it is not exported. Is there an ini configuration somewhere to turn on export for these attributes? Using C3D 2013 32 and 64 bit versions.

None that I know of. What you can do is label the parcels, explode those labels to text and export the text as a point type SDF then data connect to that SDF and style/label for the text values.

None that I know of. What you can do is label the parcels, explode those labels to text and export the text as a point type SDF then data connect to that SDF and style/label for the text values.

Murph thanks for your quick reply. Not sure if this solution will work for me. After the parcel features and its attributes are created in the SDF I'm going to copy the features into an ArcSDE connection using FDO.

Murph thanks for your quick reply. Not sure if this solution will work for me. After the parcel features and its attributes are created in the SDF I'm going to copy the features into an ArcSDE connection using FDO.

I really wany to know how I can export the parcel number with the tool and that should be better than recreating the wheel.

The export to SDF does not read the parcel numbers or any custom expression. The ability to do that with Civil3D objects have been on the Wish List for years, there's just not enough users that would use it to pust up the list.

You can export the C3D dwg to AutoCAD DWG format and then link the parcel labels(text) to the parcel polygons but that requires using the mapcleanup tools and creating a link template to link the text to the polygons as Map Object Data. Then you can export the file to shp format. Now if you know how to use ArGIS you can export the parels to shp (polygon type) and the labels to shp as point type (after you export to Autocad DWG format) then merge the two shp files in ArcGIS.

The export to SDF does not read the parcel numbers or any custom expression. The ability to do that with Civil3D objects have been on the Wish List for years, there's just not enough users that would use it to pust up the list.

You can export the C3D dwg to AutoCAD DWG format and then link the parcel labels(text) to the parcel polygons but that requires using the mapcleanup tools and creating a link template to link the text to the polygons as Map Object Data. Then you can export the file to shp format. Now if you know how to use ArGIS you can export the parels to shp (polygon type) and the labels to shp as point type (after you export to Autocad DWG format) then merge the two shp files in ArcGIS.

Thanks again Murph. Its just disappointing that Autodesk documentation states from 2010 to 2013 on the command indicates that Parcel Numbers are included (see link: http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCUG/GUID-BDF48847-9BA0-4E2B-8F3D-2211462E8C8D.htm,topicNumber=CUGd30e325031) in the export and it seems that this is not true.