Problem copying drawing with ohm symbol into Word using Furix BetterWMF

sparklerach

Hi All,

We used Furix BetterWMF 2013 to copy our drawings from AutoCAD 2013 to Word 2007. Never had a problem till we upgraded to 2013 for both products. Now when we paste the drawing into Word (for our product manuals) any Ohm symbols turn into Question marks.

I'm assuming the problem is not AutoCAD, as it displays correcty there. Just wondering if anyone else uses this product or has any probems with Ohm symbols in general in AUtoCAD 2013.

Thanks

Most likely a Font problem, what font is being used by Word, AutoCAD?

If possible try the 2013 drawings in Word 2007 and see if they work, also try the 2010 drawing in Word 2013 for a test.

We had problems with Autocad to WMF gave up used to work perfect up to 2011. Anyway went to plot to PNG now ok better than JPG or BMP, the PNG allows for raster DPI settings so can increase the sharpness.

like SLW210 is OHM a SHX or TTF if shx that is the problem find a true type font.

We use Arial in all out programs, it';s the company standard font. Never had a problem at all. I've just tried using the AutoCAD command WMFOUT and that turns the Ohm signs to a 'O'. So I'm assuming it's an AutoCAD 2013 issue.

I'll keep playing with different fornt and let you know if I find a solution. Thanks.

You need to run through the list of fonts being used by AutoCAD, Word and BetterWMF. Make sure they are finding the same Arial Font.

I would just do as BIGAL suggested and use PNG or another pixel. When I did manuals I would just Print Screen and paste in Word most of the time that was plenty for what I was doing.

WMF is Windows Metafile, it will also look for a font. Problem is Font based, the culprit program I am not sure, but, you do not need to look for a font, you need to make sure that AutoCAD, WMF and Word are finding the same Font. At least WMFOUT is placing an O, where Furix BetterWMF 2013 is placing a ?.

Here is a good explanation...

Exporting a jpeg, png, bmp, etc. file is purely a pixel-based raster snapshot, while a WMF contains a lot of meta information, part of which are instructions for how to reconstruct the image using resources from the software and machine that's trying to read it. For example, if some of your symbols are based on TrueType fonts, then the software and machine on which you're trying to read that WMF must have access to the same fonts, else the software will either drop those out or try to substitute it with some other font.