Banner adverts

dbroada

the folks here at work already think I am an avid fisherman. :D

But aren't we all? :thumbsup:

I use Chrome AdBlock which works well,

I use the AdBlock with FireFox in the office and that's why I don't have any banner ads there. ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PotGuy

• dbroada

• Dana W

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've added a function at my forum for allowing members who've donated to the forum the ability to turn off advertisements.

AdBlock is really the only other way from an end-user standpoint.

Advert.PNG

Please send me a bikini clad woman advert because if I have to look at something like this each time I visit CADTutor I'm going to go mad. Mad I tell you. Mad!:shock::lol:

I've added a function at my forum for allowing members who've donated to the forum the ability to turn off advertisements.

Of course, we could do the same here at CADTutor if there is enough support for that. I've always considered this a bad idea in the past but times change and maybe there would be interest in such a scheme?

Here's an idea.

Let forum members pay to have a picture of their pet put up. Under the pic can be the pet's name and that of the owner. I bet Dana would pony up the big bucks just to see his dogs' mugs at the top of the CADTutor website!

Instead of Image of the Month it will be Pet of the Month.

Of course, we could do the same here at CADTutor if there is enough support for that. I've always considered this a bad idea in the past but times change and maybe there would be interest in such a scheme?

I put it in place just as perk for those that donate. I don't think anyone has donated specifically for that perk, but I wanted to thank them further for doing so. It doesn't seem to have affected any ad revenues very much at all, and this forum is waaay larger than mine so the effect would be even less.

Email or PM me if your interested in my method.

Here's an idea.

Let forum members pay to have a picture of their pet put up. Under the pic can be the pet's name and that of the owner. I bet Dana would pony up the big bucks just to see his dogs' mugs at the top of the CADTutor website!

Another forum where I'm just a member, they advertised a space in the showthread.php for $7/mo to put your "ad". I bought it for a few months and put the Truffle Shuffle there.

Truffleshuffle.gif

It got lots of laughs and was fun for the light-hearted community.

Here's an idea.

This could start a war! My dog is waaay much cuter than Dana's ol' mutt! :danger:

This could start a war! My dog is waaay much cuter than Dana's ol' mutt! :danger:

Tiger, while I understand that you love your dog, and I've absolutely no doubt that there is just cause, I am not sure that trash talking Daisy

is going to head this thread in a positive direction. :beer:

Turn the other cheek Dana, don't rise to take the bait.

No doubt Tiger will quickly provide irrefutable photographic substantiation of this outrageous claim, then you can forgive her.

Cuter than Daisy?

This I got to see! :)

Or wear a paper bag over your head. Then your boss won't know who you are.

I know that you are funning me, but it would seem to be useful to some.

Incognito.JPG

This is Bailey when she came home last week. She's now 8.5 weeks old.

IMG_20130405_075731.jpg

1/4 ea: St Bernard, Akita

1/8 ea: German Shepard, Siberian Husky, Rottweiler, American Pit Bull

I win. 8)

back to my original post, I can no longer access CADTutor at work. :(

hopefully by Monday its usefulness will have been noted and I will be able to get back in.