Date/time of individual posts for threads

stevesfr

Whatever happened to the Date and time of individual posts within the threads.

not the start of threads or latest post.

or have I lost a setting with the new machine?

TIA

Post date & time are visible for me using FF20.0.1

You are lucky. My problem for sure is Windoze Vista !! i.e. JUNK

My problem for sure is Windoze Vista !! i.e. JUNK

The OS (i.e. Vista / 7) should have no effect, the browser will determine how pages are displayed.

You are lucky. My problem for sure is Windoze Vista !! i.e. JUNK

I am using Vista on this machine, and I can see them just fine.

I did download the new Firefox this morning though, and immediately lost all of my toolbar bookmarks, which prompted me

to quickly download an older version to get them all back. I am all in favor of progress, but what ever happened

to attentive beta testing? I realize that release dates are pressured by lots of different factors, security, competition and such,

but losing all my toolbar bookmarks just seemed a bit too much to accept. :beer:

You must have a 64 bit machine. Vista says I am using IE 9 and no other update is available for my machine which is 32 bit.

Using brother's WinDoz7, 64 bit with IE 9, all is fine with date/time visibility.

I sometimes notice the date and time stamp are missing when I'm viewing this forum at the office, where they use a proxy server which also causes some other issues which IT seems oblivious of. Like timing out far too ofen. I also have noticed with browsing this forum with IE that the compatibility feature kicks in unexpectedly and the date/time stamp disappears then too.

I've also noticed IE giving issues (not just on this forum), and not just IE9 / 10. If you have to use IE, try installing the latest possible version.

And if you cannot install IE10 (or later), I'd advise to switch to FF/Chrome as fast as possible - at least then you can get something which does work and has the latest updates for new HTML and to stop malware from entering your system. You cannot rely only on your AV to make sure these things don't happen, each weak point is a potential leak - and an old browser is a very weak point (one of the worst if not THE worst).

AFAIK if you're not on Win7 (or later) you shouldn't be using IE anymore. MS isn't updating it for those OS's, or at best "less" updates. So in those cases switching to FireFox/Chrome/Opera is a no-brainer.

If I view a thread with "CODE" embedded my browser switches to compatibility mode and I lose the date information. It then stays in compatibility mode until I switch it or start again. This is with the company standard IE8. At home with Firefox I don't have a problem.

This is with the company standard IE8.
That is your major problem. IE8's support has been officially discontinued. So it's not going to get updated, definately not so it's compatible with html. Officially even IE9 is a bit of a "danger", since it's now only available as a special download from MS.

Apart from my own oppinion that IE is just bad (no matter the version), it's a no-go-zone to stick with a browser which isn't updated anymore. Why so many companies keep (even IE6) is beyond grasp. This makes them have to implement other much more restrictive rules just to try and plug the gaping crater those browsers open to all sorts of virusses / physing / snooping / etc. AFAICT, they're actually wasting money by not upgrading / switching their browsers. If they're stuck with IE6 due to some internal programming - then they should have their LAN totally insulated from the internet, else they're just begging to be cracked into.

I can't disagree with you but I signed a contract to say I won't update things unless I have written (email) instructions to do so. All the time it is only a minor irritation to me I am not going to do it, despite the fact that other people are running what ever they like.

When it comes to allowing me to do my paid job more efficiently then I will download things and argue about it later - which is why I have VB.Net express on this machine.