Options for rounding corners, what are they?

IB1

The problem I have is created in another software that has a corner rounding option but its not reliable, so I have to sort it out in 3ds Max. The tops and toes of the banks in the image need to be rounded to look more realistic, how can this be achieved?

3ds Max Track Image.jpg

Add the turbo smooth modifier to your polygon to smoth it. This is ineffective if your model already has a lot of polygons

The next thing you can do to round corners is the soft selection tool in the edit poly tools.

You should change your selection mode from rectangular "Default" to paint selection.

Then under the soft selection menu it will display a distance value, increasing the distance value will affect more polygons around the selected area. The soft selection will help you round your corners manually. There are no real automated ways unless your corners are like triangles.

-Composed of 1 point on top and two sides connecting to the rest of the structure.-

If you don't already know how to use the chamfer tool in the max toolbar now is a great time to learn how to use it

Post any questions, I hope my reply helped you in some way.

Check out the "Freeform" tools in the Ribbon. There are some sculpting tools that might help, like the "Push/Pull" tool, "Relax/Soften" tool, "Flatten" tool, etc.