30"monitor

olecarman

OK: I am looking for a new Monitor. I currently use a 28" HD monitor 1920x1200 resolution. I am thinking about the 30" Dell Ultrasharp 2560x1600 or the 30"HP monitor. My concern is with my eyesight. I am a diabetic and I have to wear glasses as my eyesight is not as good as it use to be. Should I be concerned about the higher resolution since I understand it produces things on a smaller scale?? Or will going from a 28" monitor to a 30" monitor compensate for the scale factor?

I just want the best monitor for CAD, but I am concerned about my failing eyesight.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

:D

Things will be smaller, but they'll be very crisp if you get an IPS display. You can always make things larger by adjusting the Display Size in Windows. And before you buy, go up to any major retailer and see what they have on display for you to check out before you buy.

Yeah, I wanted to go locally and look at a 30" monitor, but not a single store in our area has anything bigger than 27" and they are not the high resolution monitors. So I can't see one locally..

Thanks

Kim

While using large large monitors sounds appealing, I don't think I could go larger than 24"-27". I prefer having multiple monitors to arrange, maximize and organize my individual applications within.

While using large large monitors sounds appealing, I don't think I could go larger than 24"-27". I prefer having multiple monitors to arrange, maximize and organize my individual applications within.
I agree. Dual mon's, 24" @ 1920x1200 res is the sweet spot for me. Multiple monitors gives me two independently designated work spaces that I have grown accustomed to.

The question is two fold you have a monitor capable of diplaying 2000+ pixels but if you graphic card is only doing 1024x760 you end up with big dots, your computer graphics card must be capable of matching the resolution you can always go less but not more, I noticed my daughters 50" Tv an older program non digital and wow look at the pixels !