Plotting only one layer in color

slovenc0417

I would like to know if it is possible to plot one layer in color, while all the others plot in black.

I know it is possible to plot a drawing in which all or most of the colors plot in black while plotting one particular color in its actual color. This is done by adjusting your pen settings in that they are all set to black except for a designated color to actually plot at that color.

We have a client that would like a layer or two in color and everything else in black. If you could plot those particular colors in actual color my problem would be solved. However, the color of those layers in question are shared by other layers that need to be in black. I can change the color of those layers to a unique color and set the pen settings to print that color in color, but I wanted to know if you could simply plot a designated layer (or more) in color.

Thanks!

I assume you are using CTB plot styles? Set the color of the layer to a True Color, CTB's can't plot those in B&W and will default to the closest Index Color.

Open the Ctb to edit, pick the first line/color hold the shift key scroll down set all to black then change the one color to a color do a Save as for next time.

Without changing to a unique color, I don't think it is possible using a CTB as this is the way it works. It can be done using an STB.