Stuff to do that will keep me out of the bars.

BIGMIKE09281946

Guy's! I see a lot of tutorials, and I see a lot of Engineering Graphics with Auto CAD this that and the other. What I don't see is stuff to draw with AutoCAD to keep you in touch with your drawing fool inner self. I don't have the full range of capital necessary to buy new textbooks and how tos that show me the same horsshoe shaped objects, sprockets, cams, and gears. What we need is a book of things to draw. How about we the AutoCAD community coming up with a 900 page document, loaded with nothing but dimensioned images.

You can find many objects similar to what you describe in a place called a library. The objects are referred to as books and they can be obtained for a set period of time for free.:lol:

Maybe you can search through posts here and compile a master list, by discipline, of books that have been recommended by forum members. That should keep you out of the bar for at least a day. I know for a fact that I have recommended the same three or four books on numerous occasions.

New users should not limit themselves to books either. Any object in their own homes can be the source of inspiration for a drawing. There is the added benefit of being able to see the object from many vantage points, measure it and even hold it depending on the size of course.

Edited by ReMark

I live just west of Philadelphia. I've been to Temple, Drexel, and UofP libraries. They got they same textbooks, containing the same old bore-ass solid, and isometric stages to develop a drawing. Some of us are bored sily drawing billows to fit the Polaroid. What would you like to draw? The World Trade Center twin towers blueprints are available.

What harm is it for some of us to share drawing experiences? It is almost like asking The Computer Doctors who offer free advise that always ends up with the same answer. "Bring it in, and we'll see what we can do to fix it.

I'll be the first to contribute, with a project I am working on to provide veterans with the ability to produce a product at home.

Any object in their own homes can be the source of inspiration for a drawing. There is the added benefit of being able to see the object from many vantage points, measure it and even hold it depending on the size of course.

This is probably the best available thing you can do if the library choices you have are poop.

Here is the name of a book I highly recommend Technical Graphics Communication by Bertoline and Webe, McGraw-Hill publishers. It's primarily geared towards mechanical drawings. For architectural drawings I would recommend Architectural Drafting & Design by Jefferis and Madsen, Thomson publishers, Delmar Learning Series.