d/l flying moterbike model for movie - can't make heads or tails - help please?

AlienBZ

Earlier today I d/l this flying moterbike model from this site

http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm/model_disp.php?uid=297&count=count

for one of the 3ds max movies I'll be working on (am writing a screenplay for this movie currently), and I'd like to make this flying bike model resemble my moped.

You see, I have a early 1980's 50 cc Yamahopper moped downstairs in our garage that I'm planning on driving around our local area after my nephew fixes it. This moped is red (red body), black seat, black footrests, black handle grips, white fenders, and chrome handle bars (kind of like a bicycle has), so I'd like to make this flying bike model look like my moped, but since I cannot make head nor tail (as to where the corresponding moped parts would be on this model) is it possible that you guys here can help me?

Thanks in advance.

and it has the brand name on it stenchelled in white "Yamahopper" along with a bit of fancy factory trim. Check out what these mopeds look like on google images, just in case you're not sure what this moped looks like.

I'd like to make this flying bike model look like my moped, but since I cannot make head nor tail (as to where the corresponding moped parts would be on this model) is it possible that you guys here can help me?

Help you how? :?

Help you how? :?

well, I mean, I don't know which parts on that flying motorbike model would represent the foot rests, or which parts on that model would be the handlebars and handgrips, nor where the seat would be on that model, nor do I know what that big flattish, boxlike square shaped object is supposed to be at one end of this model, although I'm guessing that those 3 cylinders at the other end of the model are probably the jet exhausts used for flight?

here's a screenshot of this model

my moped 3ds max model screenshot capture.jpg

well, I mean, I don't know which parts on that flying motorbike model would represent the foot rests, or which parts on that model would be the handlebars and handgrips, nor where the seat would be on that model, nor do I know what that big flattish, boxlike square shaped object is supposed to be at one end of this model, although I'm guessing that those 3 cylinders at the other end of the model are probably the jet exhausts used for flight?

That's why you should be building your own model from scratch, rather than trying to turn an existing model into something completely different.

That's why you should be building your own model from scratch, rather than trying to turn an existing model into something completely different.

I think OP literally downloaded a Crotch Rocket, I base this on the screenshots uploaded.

I think OP literally downloaded a Crotch Rocket, I base this on the screenshots uploaded.

Ok, I can understand this. So maybe what I'm asking here is, is there any resemblance between this type of rocket (since it was listed on the site where I d/l it from as a sci-fi bike model) which naturally led me to associate it in my head with a conventional moped (or motorcycle/motor bike with wheels/tires that people drive on the road) and this is the original question I was trying to ask in my original post about this particular model.

Do you guys have any ideas about how/where I can find answers to my original questions about this particular model?

(thanks, mods, for moving my post :D)

Found this thread about these rockets.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/mac-gb-artist-teamup-crotch-rocket-by-spacekatgal-and-schoenrock.183279873/

The people over there are talking about it being something like out of Star Trek - could you check it out and let me know what you think, if this pertains to my question?

Also found this

http://cdn.theguardian.tv/brightcove/2012/8/23/120823HoverCraft-16x9.mp4

about hover bikes in Star Wars. now it seems like that model I've d/l is sort of starting to become clearer in my mind, check out out?

EDIT - I noticed at the beginning sequence of this video that there's a hidden propeller in the bottom part of that SW hover bike, probably its what makes it fly.

so now I'm thinking my model can have (starting at one end where the 3 cylinders are) jet exhausts for flight, the 2 pedal like things at the sides can possibly be the solar energy cells/pads (sunlight is absorbed during day time flight, recharging is automatic, solar power is passed and concentrated in that flattish, boxlike square thing (the battery/power generator) at the extreme front of the model I d/l) the seat is like a conventional motorcycle seat, the long green handles are the gyroscopic steering mechanism (rider makes turns by leaning slightly with body) horns on top of model are the hand grips/brakes that are use to ease the model from flight to a safe ground-landing much like a conventional motorcycle's brakes are used to ease the bike to a stop, so what do you guys think of what I've just said, think maybe I've answered my own question or what?

Edited by AlienBZ

I'm sure you can see for yourself that this model does not, in any way, resemble your moped. But it's not supposed to resemble your moped because someone else built it with something completely different in mind. So you can either use this model as is, or create your own model, but you can't make this model look like your moped without doing some pretty significant modifications. It would be easier to just start from scratch and build your own flying moped.