What does "relevance mesh" in stress analysis?

zmarcoz

I am sorry that the term should be MESH RELEVANCE. But could you still please explain to me what that mean. Thanks

TEMP1.jpg

You don't say what version of Inventor you are using - but that looks like a really old version.

That setting no longer has that name in the current release and not sure I recall what it means.

I think it either controls the mesh density (you can check this by setting at -100 mesh, then set at 100 and update the mesh) or it controls the transition from a coarse mesh area to a fine mesh area (typically we use finer mesh in high stress areas of concern).

In the lower left corner of that dialog box there is a question mark (?) that will give you better information than I can from memory.

The higher the number the longer it will take to mesh and the more refined the mesh will be. The 'result convergence' below it if ticked will run the simulation a number of times to get an average result. Looks like you are using a version of inventor before 2012.