Anyway to save workspace in Autocad LT

Dan H

I'm going to set up my workspace in Autocad LT and found out it does not have a profiles tab. Is there any way to save it in case I have to put on a fresh install in the future?

Thanks

Dan

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I have never used LT, but you may find the following information helpful,

it relates to Autocad vanilla, and I suspect LT as well.

While I understand this does not directly address the issue you are describing, it may be the best option available,

and is good to know anyways.

Run the SYSVDLG command at the commandline.

If it does take you to the SYSTEM VARIABLE DIALOG you sill hopefully

find an option at the bottom of the window, to save a .SVF (system variable file).

Such a file saves all of your current system variable option settings, thus enabling you to easily

activate or restore such settings on another machine, or in the event of some catastrophic

software failure, faulty lisp code or whatever.

For those who use default settings, this would have no value whatsoever,

as those can easily be restored by using the READ button at the bottom of the box.

If you have dialed many of your settings, as I have it can be very helpful to have such a backup.

The system variable dialog is a real eye opener to those with an urge to optimize and personalize system performance to your own preferences.

Dadgad - Do not know about Autocad LT 2014 but sysvdlg doesn't work in Autocad LT 2000

Welldriller, thanks for the feedback, but I believe this was introduced in the last few years, and

Dan H is using 2014, so hopefully he will have that command available. :)

Isn't there a workspace switching icon (a little gear) somewhere? If so. click it and explore the options. You can make changes to your current workspace, then go to the workspace icon, save your current workspace as a named workspace, set it as the default workspace, and other stuff.

If all that fails hit the F1 key and search up workspace, saving, switching, customizing.

EDIT: sysdvlg doesn't exist in AutoCAD LT 2009 either.

Nuther EDIT: Neither does sysvdlg.:facepalm:

Edited by Dana W

Dadgad, I tried the sysvdlg and it does not recognized the command term. I did check Dana W gear area and there is a save workspace option. I'll research where it is storeing the information.

Thanks

Dan

In the Workspace settings, there is a checkbox to have your workspace changes automatically saved as you make them from day to day. Make sure you have the workspace you want to be the default set, before you select to automatically keep the changes. I think the workspace settings and changes are saved to a *.cui file. At any rate, they do not reside in any of the *.dwg files.

Run the SYSVDLG command at the commandline.

Is the command SYSVDLG an Express Tools command? If so the OP can't use it as Express Tools are not available in any LT version, it's all to do with the ET and LISP ;)

Dana's suggestion is the best.

Good point Tyke, yes it is a fantastic express tool, and right you are! :beer:

We have just 2 LT seats and they are very little used, as they are carry overs from earlier contracts, but I feel reluctant to give them up. I was not on a computer yesterday and today so I could not check, just a gut feeling. :thumbsup: