:cry:I use to work for a firm that taught me AutoCAD, I have since left and invested in 2013 version. When we plotted our drawings the line weights (especially on Elevations) showed great dimension. I have played around to death and just cant get a good CTB file created...... Could anyone share or sale a file with me for reference.

Thanks abunch.:)

I use to work for a firm that taught me AutoCAD, I have since left and invested in 2013 version. When we plotted our drawings the line weights (especially on Elevations) showed great variations. I have played around to death and just cant get a good CTB file created......maybe I just dont have a good eye for it. Currently my elevations look flat and I need to print some for a project on Monday. Could anyone share or sale a file with me for reference

I don't see how someone else's CTB would help you. For now at least, just plan on having 4 or 5 different line widths, assign those to colors you use for your work. Most use the pen 1 is thinnest, pen 2 is next, and so on. Now in your elevations you will assign color 4 or 5 to the heaviest lines, color 1 to items in the background, etc. Goodluck.

Thanks for the info, I tried this but it just gives me thick lineweights even on pen1 and does not help in the rendering of the home elevation, doesnt show objects further away based on layers like it did at my previous office. I am a dumbass im sure but this is driving me crazy......lol

Do you have examples of what you are looking for?

I merged your TWO threads. It gets confusing creating multiple threads for the same question.

In the plot dialog box you can plot with plot styles or you can plot with object line weights. make layers with the line weights you want and use them to draw you variable line weight items. Then, use the Plot with object lineweights toggled on.