Zooming in perspective view

tobes_1983

Hi there,

The scroll rate at which the zoom tool functions in perspective view makes it difficult to navigate around the model efficiently. Parallel projection works fine but it’s really frustrating to not be able to fly around the model and get updated about how the building looks in perspective at a slower scroll rate - it jumps massively and is therefore useless. What I end up doing is linking my dwg file through 3ds Max and viewing my model in perspective view from there. It does mean that if I make any modifications to my model I need to reload my drawing every time - this is a cumbersome and a slow way of designing. Instant feedback is required from AutoCad ideally.

Any ideas for how the scroll rate can be adjusted on the zoom tool in perspective view?

Thanks

Type ZOOMFACTOR at the command line and change the setting.

Incidently, if you take your Cad file into Max by way of the "File Link Manager" you won't have to re-import it everytime you make a change. The changes you make in Autocad will automatically update in Max.

Hi

Yeah thanks, that worked! Its just the 3d orbit problem I have now!

I do use the file link manager already, but thank you for your help anyway!