pneumatice linetype

Been a long time since I have been here, and am looking for the pnematic linetype for ACAD. Running ACAD2012 Mechanical just need the code to slip into the .lin file for pneumatic lines.

It's a continuos line with 60 deg double slashes running thru and regular intervals. Thanks in advance y'all.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doneaux

• ReMark

• Ryder76

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there Ryder. How's it going? Long time no see.

Saw these two posted by EC-CAD at the Discussion Forums.

*PNEUMATIC,Pneumatic Lines

A,.25,-.12,.25,-.12,.25,-.12,["//",STANDARD,S=.20,R=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.10],-.25

*PNEUMATIC2,Pneumatic Lines

A,.75,-.25,["//",STANDARD,S=.20,R=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.10],-.25

Or this one by cps12345 in the same thread.

*PNEUMATIC,Pneumatic Lines ----//----//----//----//

A,1.2,-.01,[TRACK1,ltypeshp.shx,S=.15,R=-45,X=0,Y=0],-.2,[TRACK1,ltypeshp.shx,S=.15,R=-45,X=0,Y=0],-.01

Hey bud it has been a long time! Don't have time to get on here at work anymore and life has been very busy for me for some time now. My mother moved in and then She failed to the point I had to put her in a nursing home. Son went to China for a while. He came home and got married to the sister of the guy that went with him to China. They now have a little girl - my first Grandbaby. I have been busy!!! lol

Thanks for the linetypes I was just to lazy to work one out for myself and knew there had to be tons of them available. Thanks bunches for the time saver.

I'm still doing electrical schematics, but have the added responsibility of Hydraulic diagrams as well. Still love my job and all the guys I work with. How are things with you my friend?

Hope one of those linetypes is what you're looking for.

Still working at the specialty chemical company and in my spare time I'm back to renovating an apartment we own. That is enough to keep me busy after supper each night and through the entire weekend. It sucks now that the weather has turned nice that I am inside working and the motorcycle is outside...waiting.

Too bad about your mom. I'm sure it was in her best interest though.

Congrats on the first grandchild (and a girl at that!). Nice hearing from you.

Take care.

ReMark

Thanks - that last one was a winner for me. I can adjust it like I wanted very easily. Good hear you are doing well. Take care.

• 2 years later...

Newly re-subscribed old member here. I also need to install a pneumatic line-type. Would someone be so kind as to walk me through the process of loading

A,1.2,-.01,[TRACK1,ltypeshp.shx,S=.15,R=-45,X=0,Y=0],-.2,[TRACK1,ltypeshp.shx,S=.15,R=-45,X=0,Y=0],-.01 ?

It's been a decade sine I've even used AutoCAD (2004), and that was for downloading and printing old files. My real meat & potatoes program in the early 90's was AutoCAD 12 DOS. I just upgraded to 2016LT and reverted back to the Classic Workspace, which is way more advanced to what I had in DOS. I'm working on a P&ID project, and have everything done except the pneumatic lines, which are presently on a layer as dashed. All I have to do is re-line-type that layer with the string above and I hopefully have a functioning pneumatic line-type with double-dashes. And hopefully the dashes re-adjust when I break lines or fillet them for corners and bends.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can either appended your custom linetype to acad.lin or create a separate .lin file using Notepad.

Welcome to the CADTutor forum.

I created a separate .lin file and then tested it. This is what the result looks like...

PneumaticLTYPE.jpg

That looks perfect. Thanks for loading that.

But I don't know the actual step-by-step process to load this line-type in 2016. Is this something you can help me with?

When I break and fillet the lines, will the hash-marks readjust?

Does it rescale if I need the line type smaller (LTSCALE)?

Thanks for your help. Doneaux

As I mentioned, for the purposes of this discussion I created a file using Notepad and named it test.lin in which I pasted the linetype definition file found in post #2. I then opened a new drawing and used the LTYPE command to load the linetype. Is that the method you wish to use or do you wish to append it to the aclt.lin file LT 2016 is currently using?

I have no idea what will happen when you break and fillet the lines as I did not test for that. No, it does not appear the hash-marks readjust.

I would assume that the linetype would rescale if the value of LTSCALE was changed but I did not test for that either. Yes, it does. I verified it.

Should you want to append it to aclt.lin then first you have to find the folder the file is stored in. My guess is it will be something similar (but NOT exactly the same) as this:

C:\\Users\\doncomputer\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\autocad lt 2016\\r21.1\\enu\\support\\aclt.lin

Close AutoCAD LT 2016 first.Navigate to the folder and open aclt.lin using Notepad. Go all the way to the bottom of the file until you see the section reserved for user-defined linetypes. Add the linetype definition file then save the file.

Open AutoCAD, start a new drawing, invoke the LTYPE command and the new linetype should appear on the list of available linetypes along with all the default linetypes that ship with LT. Got it? Good? Go do it.

Edited by ReMark

Thanks, that should get me started. I haven't used notepad on this PC, so I have to check if it's there. Nope, I don't see it in programs. I MS OneNote the same?

Thanks for your help. If I can return the favor, please let me know. I am a midstream oil & gas design, project & training consultant, so maybe there's something I can share with you.

NotePad should be listed under All Programs > Accessories.

I'm not-the-engineer; just a CAD draftsman at a small specialty chemical company primarily here to keep P&ID's up-to-date or create new ones plus assorted other types of drawings too numerous to mention. Thanks for the offer and welcome to the CADTutor forum.

I tried to load Notepad and it crashed my PC hard. I'd like to try the other way, to append the line-type shown in the post.

I can get to the load line-type dialog box, but I'm not sure how to append the file. Is that just a cut and paste operation?

Thanks

Notepad crashed your computer? How is that even possible? What OS are you running?

To append the file you need to locate and open aclt.lin which is normally done using Notepad or another ASCII text editor (ex. - Metapad).

I don't know what crashed my PC. Pretty modern and up to date.

I was loading Notepad when it happened. Know of no other reason why it would have crashed.

Can I use MS Word?

....Can I use MS Word?

As long as you Save As a plain text file. MSWord adds in formatting characters, which are very poisonous to programmes which expect plain text.

NotePad usually saves as a plain text file, which is why it is so useful.

I usually use WordPad which has more features than NotePad, but I have to remember to save as plain text.

Notepad is such a pipsqueak of a program I have difficulty believing it crashed your computer. What else was running at the time?

In AutoCAD open OPTIONS then click on the Files tab. Now look under the heading Support File Search Path. The very first entry is the path to the folder where you'll find aclt.lin.

WordPad, as eldon has noted, can be used to create/edit a .txt file. You do a "save as" and select "plain text file" which removes all formatting. You'll get an on-screen warning about this when you do but that is for your own protection.

OK, I'm right at the door, but I can't go in yet.

I've got the folder open in Explore and after the last folder ...\support\\, there is no .lin folder. There are .lin files in the support folder.

So how do I convert a .txt file (the saved plain text line) over to a .lin file. Where is the conversion made if I were to save directly to the support file?

If I open the file path in Word, none of the files under Support show up.

I never said there was a .lin folder I did say, however, to look for aclt.lin. So, did you find it or not? If you did then open it using Notepad or Wordpad and append your linetype definition to the bottom of the file. It clearly states where user defined linetypes must be added. Put your definition anywhere else in the file and it won't be recognized.