3ds Max Skill test Assessment?

Raudel Solis

Just find a photo of something online that you think is interesting. Then build a model, add textures and materials and render. The idea is to try and get your model and your render as accurate and true to the original photo as possible. Start a "Work in Progress" thread here, and update it every day, so we can watch as you work through the creation of the project, and once you're done, post both the photo and your render here, side by side, so we can see how well you did. There's tons of good stuff on Google Images so just start browsing around and find something that looks like it's a little above your current skill level so that you will be able to challenge yourself. I can find something for you, but it definitely won't be easy. :twisted:

Just find a photo of something online that you think is interesting. Then build a model, add textures and materials and render. The idea is to try and get your model and your render as accurate and true to the original photo as possible. Start a "Work in Progress" thread here, and update it every day, so we can watch as you work through the creation of the project, and once you're done, post both the photo and your render here, side by side, so we can see how well you did.

This seems like a good page to pick an image from, I Google'd "Room HVAC"

http://www.lindseyok.com/hvac-exposed-20-ideas-for-daring-ductwork-2/

I will consider suggestions :twisted:

Those all look really similar to the type of renders you've been posting here. Simple, uncomplicated interiors. Why don't you try doing something a little different? Something a little more challenging that might be a little out of your comfort zone.

If you want a challenge, why don't you try building this Queen Anne Victorian mansion, complete with trees and shrubs. Now that's a challenge. ;)

Haunted Queen Anne Victorian Flavel House.jpg

Those all look really similar to the type of renders you've been posting here. Simple, uncomplicated interiors.

I like the basic flat concept found in new buildings.

about your queen Anne mansion I will have to guess at all the dimensions.

here is a link to something similar with dimensions

http://www.homeplans.com/plan-detail/HOMEPW04356/victorian-splendor.

This is what I did a few minutes ago.

0000.jpg

about your queen Anne mansion I will have to guess at all the dimensions.

Yes, that's typically what you have to do when you're working from a photo. You just want it to look proportionally correct when you're finished.

If you need more reference photos, there are more on Google images: Queen Anne Flavel Victorian Mansion