Help with sectioning views

OldRed

I've searched the forums and see plenty of discussion about sectioning but nothing that describes what I've used. The last place I Detailed, using MEP, they had a command, "sect" that would prompt for a front of view point, then a rear of view point (usually ortho but not necessarily) for depth of field. We would just click on the drawing rather than draw lines. It would then turn the current viewport into that section view. Anyone familiar with this? The camera function seems closest to this but not nearly as concise.

AutoCAD MEP. I looked at those & it appears they are more for creating sections of objects. The "sect" command we used was like changing the view to front or side but with a depth of view.

I don't know MEP. Model Documentation/Drawing Views can be used for sectioning, and from what I've tried it looks promising enough, so you can look into that. But that method was only introduced in 2012 I think and it only gained section and enlarged details abilities in 2013, so not many people have gotten into it yet. You can see a post I made recently on it (though there are no replies yet).

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?79205-Drawing-Views-Model-Documentation-detail-of-projected-view-bug

• 3 weeks later...