Exploded Axon view of a Family?

Keywordkid

Is it possible to create an exploded view of a nested family?

I have a parametric nested family which I want to load into a project and create an exploded view, I don't know if this is possible.

Alternatively I thought I could load the individual family parts into a project and then add the parametrics but unless I'm mistaken this isn't possible as the project file doesn't allow dims to be labelled to ref planes - is this right?

Oh how I wish I had been allowed to have some training!!! :cry:

Are there any good tutorials out there to help with this sort of thing?

Do you know if opening my 2013 version in 2014 will work for this improvement? - or will I need to rebuild?

It should be just fine. Advanced, fully parametric families are usually the type of Revit items that "may" have problems in upgrading. But make a backup and archive it.... once you upgrade a Revit project, you cannot convert back down.

Hmmm... 15GB download due to free upgrade to Building Design Suite Premium, I won't be trying that out today :(

2014 can indeed do the exploded views, but I haven't tried it using nested families nor in the family editor.

Though it does work great for skid piping systems and tight-fitting duct layouts.

It's going to be some time before I can find out, the Autodesk subs site advised the BDPS was 15.2GB however, when running the download manager this rcoketed to 58GB!!! No way our office systems will allow that so I had to download at home and now I'm waiting several hours for it copy on to my external drive before I have to wait another several hours to transfer to the server. Is it me or has software size gotten out of hand!!! :x

Is it me or has software size gotten out of hand!!! :x
Software size should be a decent size, it's the content that can add up the gigs.