Generating a Plant List from Plant Block References with Attributes. Autocad 2004

sfneitzel

I am trying to generate a plant list or plant legend in autocad 2004. I have block references that I have created that have block attributes such as qty, plant name and size. I know in other software drafting you can generate a plant list or parts list, but can't find the method in autocad either in help option or in my autocad book.

I have done several years ago when I was helping a colleague work around autocad but can't remember what version he had and how I did it.

Any Ideas?:unsure:

AutoCAD 2004? Then you most likely used Data Extraction via the Attribute Extraction Wizard. Or you could have used an older method that required a template file in which case it was the -ATTEXT command.

I believe that the command to extract attributes in AutoCAD 2004 was EATTEXT.

I am able to get the information with this command. I think with tweaking and a template I will be able to get the legend. Right now I have the plant totals which will help tremendously. When get back to this tomorrow I will try tweaking templates and other items to get the complete legend that i can simply paste in the drawing.

thanks