Upgrade to ACAD LT 2013 has caused issue

James_SMI

I have a Dell with Pentium D, 4 gigs of ram, Windows 7. I bought LT a few months ago and had no issues as long as I didn't have a bunch of different windows open. I could even have 2 different drawings open.

About a month ago I did the ACAD upgrade or service pack, I forget what it was called and I actually deleted the email for some stupid reason so I couldn't tell you exactly what it was. Anyway, now it acts like it has a RAM shortage with ANYTHING else open, the cursor gets really jerky and slow when in the work area, close everything else down and its fine. Sometimes its fine with other things open. The RAM meter on Windows 7 rarely goes past 60-70%, usually at 50-60% with one drawing open and a couple Google pages.

Other than that, ACAD has been perfect, completely stable.

It would have been a service pack I suspect.

Please confirm for us that you have only one "session" of AutoCAD running.

What else is running in the background?

Does the problem occur with a particular drawing?

Do you have the latest driver installed for your graphics card?

Did you kill off the CommCenter (a.k.a. - the InfoCenter)?

When you installed 2012 did you create a Restore Point?

When you installed the service pack did you create a Restore Point?

As it turns out I may be a bit of an idiot :oops: I found the upgrade in the email trash and for the heck of it tried updating again, half way through it dawned on me that I had been interrupted by a phone call before and had never finished the installation. Works great now :shock: