CADTutor timeout

steven-g

It has happened a couple of times now, I log in find an interesting topic, settle down with a cup of coffee and compose a masterpiece that will solve everyone's problems. I then sit back with a big smile on my face hit post reply, and then get the message saying you are not logged in please sign in. And everything is gone. It does occasionally recall my prose, but often not. :cry: The site will also often ask me to log back in, is there a setting to prevent this or is it just normal.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steven-g

• Tiger

• Lee Roy

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok 4999 it is, but seriously is that normal for this site to timeout after maybe 10, 15 minutes. I have to log back in constantly.

My IT department has us set to log off the internet after 15 mins so I try to compose in my txt editor and then copy / paste.

I have not experienced that particular behavior. Could it be some sort of browser setting?

Thanks everyone I'll check the browser, but I have access to 3 computers, 1 at work and 2 at home with different browsers and Operating systems same behavior on all of them, and I don't get the same problem on other sites.

Isn't this a case for checking the box "Remember Me" just under the sign in box?
Isn't this just to remember your password, that is something I never do on web sites.

Isn't this a case for checking the box "Remember Me" just under the sign in box?

I am guilty of breaking the cardinal rule of forums "Did you do a search first"

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?35475-What-is-the-time-out-period-set-to&highlight=timeout

It is the tick box, there is a 15 minute timeout but you are automattically loged back in with the box ticked, so I guess it's either live with being timed out, or face the paranoia and tick the box, but paranoia is such a wonderful safe place where everyone knows your name Cheers

I try to remember to do a Ctrl+C on long texts before I hit Send for this exact reason.

Paranoia is a wonderful place, we have sorbet and cookies :)

I try to remember to do a Ctrl+C on long texts before I hit Send for this exact reason.

Same here.

Can I join?

I regularly do that as well, but not any more, I ticked the box. If those cookies have chocolate chips in them, then put the kettle on I'll pop over, Sweden is just up the road from Belgium :D