Controlling what you see

Keywordkid

Hi everyone, is it possible to enable section markers within plan/level views but not have them show up in the composed sheet?

I want to utilise the quick access to views you get by double clicking on a section or level marker but when I turn them on in my seperate views they also clutter up my composed sheet, is there a filter control to do this? - I'm using Revit Architecture 2013.

In your print options, there is a setting to "Hide unreferenced view tags". So, if the elevation or section does not appear on a sheet, the tag will not print.

Edited by RobDraw
Corrected terminology and punctuation.

Rob's method is probably the easiest.

We don't know enough about your drawing process to know, so another option is you could always duplicate your working view to create a view for your sheet. In your sheet-reserved view, turn off the section markers with Visibility/Graphics override.

To add, it's good practice to organize your Project Browser with Views intended for "Plot" and "Model". In the Plot Views, which will be the only Views you place on sheets, you can apply Filters to control the visibility of Referenced and Unreferenced Sections. However, in the Model Views, these are considered "working views" so you can have them as messy as you want. This way you have the Sections turned on for the associativity between Views, and have a well-manicured Plot View that is only intended for plotting.

Hope this helps.

The print dialog method is best. 2013+ I like to create a different section type for construction sections and detailing sections. Each with specific templates applied and very different geometry to make it simple to differentiate. Since construction sections are not placed on sheets and are used to aid modeling their view properties can be better managed to display content assisting the views context. You can also simplify its head and tail families to a smaller symbol so not too detract from the cut views content.

Consider setting your project template to contain these suggestions.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, the solution for me will be to duplicate my level views as my working set with the sections turned on that should save me from rearranging my sheet view.

Thanks again. :D

Ah not so simple, as my section markers are already pointed to my existing levels, the quick link will keep going to the original views, so I guess I will have to recompose my sheet for this to work after all, still I know for future setups.

Edited by Keywordkid
replied before trying.

My suggestion is easy and should probably be turned on by default. I turn it on for all my projects because in my world, those tags should never print. My terminology was not correct. The option is called "Hide unreferenced view tags". Corrected above.