Templates in paperspace

gregj

Hi All,

I am having problems Xref ing a drawing of my new title block to paperspace.

The plan is to try and have it as the default title block whenever I select to layout a drawing, can anybody help me with this?

Regards Greg

Why not just have it as part of the drawing ignore xrefing makes it hard to change attributes etc like sheet num. Its part of our DWT

In order to XREF a drawing it has to be in model space. You can XREF it into paper space or model space but the objects in the XREF file need to be in model space.

Why not just have it as part of the drawing ignore xrefing makes it hard to change attributes etc like sheet num. Its part of our DWT

I hear you BIGAL, I favor that approach too. :beer:

Don't like title blocks as XREFs? I couldn't live without them. Things like sheet number and name are not a part of the XREF. They reside as text in each layout. No difficulty modifying them. The title block only contains information that is common to every sheet. Most of my projects are 10's to 100's of sheets per set. I would not want to have to go into every sheet to change or add a date for every submission.

Don't like title blocks as XREFs? I couldn't live without them. Things like sheet number and name are not a part of the XREF. They reside as text in each layout. No difficulty modifying them. The title block only contains information that is common to every sheet. Most of my projects are 10's to 100's of sheets per set. I would not want to have to go into every sheet to change or add a date for every submission.

+1 .