HELP with .cad file?!

Nayfb

I could not tell you off the top of my head what file types AutoCAD can export to but at least I know how to check. Makes me wonder about the user(s) in this case.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nayfb

• ReMark

• f700es

• PotGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well.... thanks alot all, the customer says he didn't know about exporting in different formats.... which is great i know, thanks alot for your help i will try BobCAD.

Ty All.

I think the majority of people who work with CAD programs only know how to use a fraction of what the program is capable of. They know only enough to get by.

i agree, most people do

oh, and in addition, QuickCAD it would seem is now impossible to find... ANYWHERE. Now it is obsolete unless you have and old disc you have no chance of finding it. :)

I think the majority of people who work with CAD programs only know how to use a fraction of what the program is capable of. They know only enough to get by.
it would be nice to meet some of them at times. COPY is the only command that some we get know.

"If its not already on the drawing it can't be done."

I could not tell you off the top of my head what file types AutoCAD can export to but at least I know how to check. Makes me wonder about the user(s) in this case.

dwg. dws. dwt. and dxf. file types are all saveable under AutoCAD 2012.

PotGuy: You did not read my statement very well as your response references the "save as" command and not the "export" command.

Export options for AutoCAD 2013 include: igs, iges, dgn, dwg, bmp, dxx, eps, stl, sat, wmf, fbx, dwf, and dwfx. Of the group the only three I knew for sure were dwg, dgn, and wmf. The remainder I had to look up.

Have you tried to make a copy of the file and rename it with a dwg extension then open it? How about opening it in Notepad and see if there is anything in the header that may help.

Changing the file type designation won't work. The customer can actually export to both the DXF and DWG file types from Procut as depicted in post #29 and confirmed by the sales rep previously.

Have you tried to make a copy of the file and rename it with a dwg extension then open it? How about opening it in Notepad and see if there is anything in the header that may help.

Yes i already tried that, i am just going to have to visit the customer and show them how to use their own software.

Thanks

Could try Draftsight - Another CAD software.

It's free but is 2D only.

thanks for the suggestion but doesn't support .cad :(

Well unless the OP can latch onto a copy of either QuickCAD or AutoSketch I think he'll have a difficult time finding what he is looking for.