Turn Elevations On

bachrock

How can I turn on elevations for a surface? I can't find anything in "Surface Properties" and "Edit Surface Style".

What do you mean by "elevations"? Do you want to show labels on your contours? Do you want to label the elevations at certain points? Do you want a grid of elevations? Or something else?

What do you mean by "elevations"? Do you want to show labels on your contours? Do you want to label the elevations at certain points? Do you want a grid of elevations? Or something else?

Right, forgot to add more details. I would like labels on the contours.

You're in luck, I know this one. You'll need to create some contour label objects. Yes, it's clunky.

On the classic menu, the commands are on Surfaces|Add Surface Labels|Contour-Single/Multiple/Multiple at Interval. I don't know where that is on the ribbon. You'll probably want the Multiple option.

Start the command. Give a starting point for the line, as you would for any line, and then an ending point. You should see a label everywhere the line crosses a contour (make sure all the relevant layers are turned on). You may need to adjust the placement of the line. Edit the contour label style to get the type of label you want. You'll probably want to set Display Contour Label Line to False for the line itself, otherwise you'll see the line as well as the labels. For single labels, you'll still get a line, but the label will probably cover it.

If you need more help with this, come back and ask.