background mask in a block

KoTa04

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you guys have some suggestions, I'm looking for the best way to create some sort of background mask in my blocks.

I'm using blocks as my mechanical symbols, to be inserted into my piping and instrumentation diagrams.

The diagrams contain several lines, and in the past the company would simply trim out the lines around the symbols. I would like to stop trimming the lines by simply putting an invisible hatch/mask around my blocks.

Any sweet suggestions??

Thanks!

Start SOLID command: way better than a hatch.WIPEOUT works well if you completely understand how they work and their frames.

Start SOLID command: way better than a hatch.WIPEOUT works well if you completely understand how they work and their frames.

What're the differences between a SOLID and a solid hatch, then?

dJE

What're the differences between a SOLID and a solid hatch, then?

That is a good question! I'd be hard pressed to come up with a good explanation without doing some research but solids are a better option if you plan on plotting to PDF.

I think SOLIDs are limited to 4 straight sides, whereas HATCHing follows whatever contour you define, and can be associative. However, the plotting effect is usually very important, so SOLIDs may still trump HATCHing.

Be careful when using a solid color as a hatch pattern. We did this on a number of our notation blocks, and if the printer settings weren't set to print in gray scale it would print out all black and hide whatever notations were supposed to be shown. I think this only happened on our PDF files because the 255,255,255 color showed up as a very light gray.

Be careful when using a solid color as a hatch pattern. We did this on a number of our notation blocks, and if the printer led light settings weren't set to print in gray scale it would print out all black and hide whatever notations were supposed to be shown. I think this only happened on our PDF files because the 255,255,255 color showed up as a very light gray.

Thanks for the information I think it will help a lot.. I will now take care of print gray scale..

Edited by AlanWhite