Autocad recovery problem

DEEPAKRAJ

Gents.

i am in deep trouble. i had been working on drawing file from morning. but suddenly the file closed. when i tried opening the file the drawing is not opening.

when i tried recovery the file opens but inside data has been erased the layers have gone to audit layers.

1) i dont have auto save file.

2) i have bak files but one day old.

can anyone please give a suggestion for this.

the latest version autocad had been installed today so i have not checked the autosave option. but when i checked it was not on.

about the file here the security is high we cannot attach drawings...but i will try.. give me some time

Automatic Save is set by default at 10 minutes in newly installed software.

The fact that you even have a BAK file should be considered a good thing. Many users don't even create BAK files as they consider them unnecessary.

guys.

thanks for your concern . i have even checked bak files it has same problem.

it opens recovers and when i see the data inside its gone.

the error data is removed and only repaired data is left out and too in single layer.

when i see the preview the drawing can be seen but when open nothing is there.

The preview image is just a thumbnail of the last time the file was sucessfully saved, it's not a live representation of what's actually still inside the file.

Is the file stored locally, or on a network? Search your hard drive using the following string. If you find any that appear to be related to your file, COPY them into a separate folder, change the filename extension to .dwg, and open them in order, starting with the one with the most recent date.

*.sv$

nestly - i tried everything it is not open it open after recover but 50% data is gone.

guran-i tried inserting drawing it says invalid drawing.

If you have an IT department, or a local computer geek, you should enlist there help trying to find a previously saved version of the file. If there's definitely no other versions, I'm afraid this may be a difficult lesson about working without a net. By all means, turn AutoSave on, but ALSO get in the habit of pressing CTRL+S (quick save) very frequently.

An other thing you can try is to open the drawing in a different computer and / or a different version of AutCad. It has been known to work.

Since the install was fresh, AutoSave should have been on by default. The file crashed. So, there should be an AutoSave file. That is what it is for, correct? The OP should first check to see if AutoSave is indeed on and then check the file path for AutoSave to verify that he does not have an ac$ file.

After rereading the thread it sounds like the file had already been corrupted before the crash because the backup file is exhibiting the same behavior. Two options left. Fix the file or redraw. I would redraw in a fresh file because trying to fix the file may lead right back to the same situation again.

Edited by RobDraw

An other thing you can try is to open the drawing in a different computer and / or a different version of AutCad. It has been known to work.

Then the OP should upload the drawing he currently has and you can save the day for him. Your system meets both criteria.

Addendum: I second what RobDraw just posted.

Did you check the drawing to see if some layers were just turned off or frozen? Was part of the file an Xref that might be no longer attached?

This is why Qsave (Ctrl+S) is the only good method for file retention, Autosave and .bak are just extra safety nets.