Subscription up-grade?

hertz hound

I was just checking the company's Autodesk subscription to see what was available for down load. I am still on AMEP 2012 and was ready to go to 2014.

When they started calling AMEP a design suit, I thought we had design suite standard, Since the company only paid for AMEP. Available for download under the subscription is building design suite standard and building design suite premium? Does Autodesk play games and let you download something you did not pay for and then send you a bill :twisted:? I got an e-mail a while back that said that building design suite standard was available for download but both are appearing under the down load as options.

I guess I will have to contact Autodesk or our reseller. I was curious if this has happened to anyone else.

I am sure our re-seller will say it is a mistake since they are always sending me an e-mail trying to sell us Revit. There was just a promotion to add Revit for around a $1,000 (I have the student version they would not help me get).

MEP automatically migrated to BDSS unless the customer opted out. Whoever manages your contact should have received notification similar to this October-November 2012.

Here are some important points regarding the upcoming Building Design Suite Standard free migration for current AutoCAD MEP customers:

· Date available for download: November 26

· If you would like physical media shipped for Building Design Suite Standard, log into Subscription Center and set your delivery preference to “Box” before the 26th

· Opt out date: February 22

· Building Design Suite Standard is comprised of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Structural Detailing, Autodesk Sketchbook Designer, Autodesk Showcase. Watch our webcast to see why Showcase is in your Suite and what you can do with it: Register today!

· In addition to your current subscription benefits, you will be able to use Cloud services such as rendering and structural analysis

· Your current subscription will migrate to the Suite free of charge for the duration of your contract term, and at your next renewal date the annual rate will actually be $60 less per seat than for AutoCAD MEP

I don't think they're "playing games", you should not be seeing the Premium suite in your download area if it wasn't contracted, but all means, ask the person that manages the contract if they switched to the Premium suite, and if not, contact your Reseller. Edited by nestly

I manage the account and got the e-mail about the change. I thought the change was really just a change it what called it. I made no change in the contract. Now in the subscription center it shows me I can download AMEP, building design suite standard and building design suite premium. I know they/I did not pay for premimum. I thought I read someone else had this happen and got the up-grade for free.

Even if you did get some sort of special deal to upgrade MEP to BDSS Premium for "free", it certainly won't still be "free" when the next Subscription bill arrives. If you download and use the any of the Premium apps, you'll have lost any chance of rolling back to BDSStandard price in the future. Contact your Reseller and get clarification ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up.

Autodesk told me the premium version was there as a trial version to download. You can get the same trial version at there website. I don't know why they put it in the subscription center, they should somehow label it a trial version. I am suprised that no one here helped answer the question. It makes me wonder if I am the only one with the trial version in subscription center, or maybe I just asked the question in the wrong forum.

My screen shot is just about the same as yours. If you click on 2014 of the BDSS option, mine shows both BDSS and BDSP as options available for download.

I just looked at the account to get a screen shot and now it is gone . I guess they fixed it. The first response from them was to go ahead and download whatever was at the site. I would not be billed for anything, because everything available would be what was paid for. They were going to check with another dept.

The next response was that BDSP was listed, but it was a trial version, and that it was common. And now it is gone. I bet it was not a trial.