Help with CAD Topo!

BKGator3

So I'm trying to import this CAD Topo into Revit, and I want to do a layered topo model. It would be much easier and less time consuming if the topo lines were SINGLE lines that I could click once for the outline in Revit, but unfortunately they are a bunch of polylines linked to one another....any way to resolve this, or convert them to become single lines? I've provided an image to show what the condition is, thanks everyone!

topo issue.jpg

You should never explode contours.

However, if you must, you can either explode the polylines in AutoCad (if they are comprised of many short lines) or use a lisp to break them at the vertices (if they were program generated, which it looks like they were). Either method will result in tens of thousands of short lines then. I haven't tried it although the lisp in the following link might work for you: http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/autolisp-break-polyline-at-vertex/

You should never explode contours.

However, if you must, you can either explode the polylines in AutoCad (if they are comprised of many short lines) or use a lisp to break them at the vertices (if they were program generated, which it looks like they were). Either method will result in tens of thousands of short lines then. I haven't tried it although the lisp in the following link might work for you: http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/autolisp-break-polyline-at-vertex/

Thanks for the feedback @Organic. I'm actually trying to not let it result in tens of thousands of lines...I would like for the topo line to show up as one singular line that reads as one entity. That way, when I import the topo into Revit, I can simply click each topo line once and it will select the whole line instead of each little segment within the whole line like it is now. I'm honestly not too experienced with all of the lingo here so apologies ahead of time...