Macro textstyle

DDTarrant

This macro is something I use as a 'trained monkey'. I know what it does and how to use it but now I want to alter it and most of it is Greek to me. By elimination it seems "textsz" changes the current textstyle to a different style. The alteration I want to make is to stop the macro changing the textstyle.

(progn(setq scl 1)(setq scfac 1)(textsz)(dimsz)(ltscl)(prompt"Scale has been set to 1:1000")(setvar "modemacro" " : Scale is 1:1000 .")(princ))

How would this be happenning, or is it something our long since gone Acad expert setup to make our lives easier?

This is my first post and ask for gentle chastisements if I've done something wrong

Cheers

Doug

I'm having trouble seeing where the style is being changed. Did you forget to post all of the code?

1+

I encountered a fashion site and codes were not shown in that link but only fashion and clothes . :D

I would hazard a guess that the macro is setting a text size, dimension size and a linetype scale, which are being defined elsewhere.

I don't think that the text style would be changed for a different scale, but we might not have ALL the facts.

^C^P(progn(setq scl 1)(setq scfac 1)(textsz)(dimsz)(ltscl)(prompt"Scale has been set to 1:1000")(setvar "modemacro" " : Scale is 1:1000 .")(princ))

Sorry there was a bit missing from the front.

Exactly as all the others said, I don't see anywhere where the text style is being changed. That means the text style of the text that is being inserted will be the current text style, whatever that might be.

It's a very long time since I did any LISP, but looking at what you have here you are setting two variables "scl" (Scale?) and "scfac" (scale factor?) to a value of 1 and then then calling three functions "textsz" (text size?), "dimsz" (dimension size?) and "ltscl" (LT scale?) that don't exist unless they were previously loaded in another LISP routine. Perhaps some code in ACADDOC.LSP file or your ACAD.LSP file. But if you don't know what you're doing in a LISP file DON'T change anything in any of these files, it could be disastrous.

I have the feeling your LISP expert had everything under control but now without him you will be really struggling and things can only get worse.