Nasim

Hi,

I have this 3d file of mine (which i have worked so hard for it), and it's size has increased to 240 Mb's! I assume this has happened due to forced closings and the backup files ... i have already deleted them... but it didn't help. i ant even copy my model into a new work space. please... help me out here! urgent!

thank you so much. :D at this disastrous moment!

yes. i already did that. and also tried the wblock command. but it can't be done anyway.

When you purged did you use the command line version of the command that includes a dash in front of the command like so...?

-purge

Are there any xrefs attached?

Welcome to CADTutor Nasim. :)

In addition to any or all of the other good suggestions made so far,

you might want to set your ISAVEPERCENT to 0, and resave your drawing.

After which you should probably reset your ISAVEPERCENT to about 20 or 25.

The -PURGE suggested by ReMark should appreciably reduce the size of your drawing.

Choose REGAPPS first, then ENTER, after that choose ALL, and ENTER.

An AUDIT of your drawing after that commandline -PURGE (the hyphen is important, this is not the usual light duty PURGE),

should also help determine if you have any other issues in your drawing.

XREFS also greatly reduce file size.

HELLO, AND THANK YOU. :)

i did all you said to my file. stated with -purge. then ISAVEPERCENT. also i saw the xref, but there were no files attached. after all this there was only a reduction of 1Mb to my file. how is this possible? does this mean it is because of my file itself? even i deleted the materials. but even the save as file of that, got bigger. :-?

HELLO, AND THANK YOU. :)

i did all you said to my file. stated with -purge. then ISAVEPERCENT. also i saw the xref, but there were no files attached. after all this there was only a reduction of 1Mb to my file. how is this possible? does this mean it is because of my file itself? even i deleted the materials. but even the save as file of that, got bigger. :-?

If after doing all that your file is still GIGANTIC, then it sounds like it really is the file itself.

If you are not using XREFS, you should be.

I would make sure you save a copy of your file, and put it somewhere safe, before potentially damaging what sounds like a great deal of work and time invested,

as you try to deal with any changes.

You should read in HELP about the use of XREFS (external reference files), and consider this approach, as I can think of

no other approach, and I know my computer would be none too happy, nor speedy working on a 240MB dwg. :)