microsoft works ole

kingx9999

Hi,

I am able to import Microsoft works spread sheat as an OLE but not the Microsoft works word.....ACAD LT 2013....Any help?:)

I'd junk "Works" and download OpenOffice. It's FREE.

To learn more about OpenOffice see this...http://www.openoffice.org/

Plain paste work on my end.

I sorry, didn't notice "MS Works". I use "MS Office"

Second that, Remark.

Tried the open office but couldn't link document as ole. Message was not in registry. Could save as PDF and then drop it in...rather inconvenient but it works, Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

Hi,

I have tried dragging the file, INSERTOBJ, insert OLE using the menu and choosing the file and checking link, and creating a new OLE by choosing open office app that is in the drop down menu. All without success.

When I drag it in it seem to go fine but I get the circle for a minute then nothing.

When I INSERTOBJ I only get about 1/2 of the first page.

If I try to create a new OLE message is (FAILED TO CREATE OBJECT. MAKE SURE THE OBJECT IS ENTERED IN THE SYSTEM REGISTRY)

Downloaded the open office from openoffice.org

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim:)

Change the file extension to TXT and see if you can upload it then. What is the normal file extension? Nevermind...it must be WPS right?

here is the file original ext .odt.....loved it back when you could access your hard drive directly...long time ago had to remember I had to copy it to a flash drive to change the ext. LOL.:)

test.txt

I can INSERTOBJ and even edit the entire document in the .dwg with open office just doesn't display the entire document only about 1/3 of the document.